BioNano Genomics is looking for a talented software engineer that is a highly innovative, results-driven individual to support a new and revolutionary instrument for DNA analysis. This new assay will require novel genomic analyses and visualizations that will provide insight into genomic variation and the relationships to disease. This is a unique experience and a demanding position requiring a large range of skills and the ability to coordinate with other departments and external customers. Our goal is to produce compelling, robust commercial products that enable our customers to dramatically expand their understanding of the genome. The position is based in our San Diego headquarters.
The successful candidate will have a strong investigative skill set to identify issues, isolate the source, and communicate effectively across the organization to help the development team effectively resolve problems. He or she should feel comfortable operating on multiple platforms, writing scripts to automate testing, carrying out complex analysis, and ideally have familiarity with biotechnology. Ability to use compilers, manage the build process, communicate effectively through bug tracking software, and reading C#, C++, or scripting languages is necessary. The applicant should be committed to continuing education and mastering new technologies, and be able to show a history of team-based collaboration for delivering products to market on tight schedules. Applicants should have strong experience in scientific analysis, algorithm verification, the application of visualization tools, an understanding of databases, and the application of software quality best practices. Additional skills that will make a candidate stand out include computer performance evaluation, grid computing, genomic sequencing experience, Agile, and workflow concepts. We are looking for a well-rounded generalist that is motivated by the application of science to resolve complex and real-world problems through software.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce efficient procedures, document results clearly, and provide effective communication of the operation of software.
• Design and execute the company software quality plan.
• Design and implement the software build architecture to deliver a reliable product to our internal and external customers
• Create a feedback system for measuring the quality of our products through a combination of standards and innovative automation strategies to support an efficient software release pipeline.
• Interact with all departments and customers to ensure the products are accurate and effective.
• Learn and continue to broaden skill set in order to deliver exciting, effective and innovative solutions for our customers.
• Understand and improve ad hoc processes by identifying inefficiencies.
The successful candidate will join a -growing, innovative team that is developing cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The candidate will contribute significantly to developing novel tools for genomic analysis as part of an interdisciplinary team that places emphasis on extraordinary achievement. The developer will be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle from helping to define new features, assisting with architecture design right through to testing, implementation and support.
BioNano Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a positive, diverse and exciting work environment with competitive salary and benefits and the potential for career growth.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com and reference the job code TD029
DeviceSpace.com - 15 months ago