The Software Quality Engineer IV consults with business groups to ensure appropriate software testing regimens are designed, implemented and evaluated in all software development programs. The SQE provides expertise and leads the development of performance and other quality testing.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, and at least six years test engineering experience with four years of experience designing, creating, executing and debugging performance test scripts or debugging advanced automation test scripts.
- This position requires at least 6 years of test automation or development experience using an object-oriented language, preferably Java or C#, along with at least 4 years of experience performance testing applications and systems or debugging advanced automation test infrastructure.
- This experience will be demonstrated with :
- Experience writing advanced automated testing scripts and infrastructure using an object oriented language, preferable Java or C#
- Experience writing performance test scripts
- Experience in working with development to identify the underlying cause of application or system performance issues
- Experience working with business partners in writing detailed test plans and performance test plans
- Understands organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies
- Ability to adjust schedule and priority in respond to business needs
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction. Able to prioritize workloads and effectively participate in multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with variety of customers and stakeholders
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group to achieve common goals
- Able to establish and maintain productive working relationships with co-workers
- Strong customer service attitude and skills
- Able to coach and provide direction to others with advanced test automation or performance test automation
- Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to mentor and provide direction to others in programming and debugging, and in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Designs test automation infrastructure for large projects and directs team members in implementing the design.
- Develops complex programs and systems in support of software quality assurance processes.
- Develops complex performance models for testing a large application or system.
- Assists management in creating and maintaining plans/processes in supporting corporate projects.
- Manages the escalation of issues and requests to insure the needs of the business are met
- Sets an example of accountability for all associates by following policies, standards, and procedures
- Steps up to conflicts, reads each situation quickly, and finds common ground to get cooperation
- Meets regularly with each associate to discuss status of assignments
- Defines, rewards, and communicates success in terms of the whole team and the value to the customers
- Sets priorities based on what is most important to the business. Focuses on achieving the blue chips and eliminating the barriers
- Ensures that the associates focus on the operational activities that ensure maximum availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology
- Provides technical leadership and direction to testing staff; fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team. Provides information to the associates in a timely manner.
- Acts as a resource so the associates can make accurate decisions
- Provides status to our customers on their requests and issues
- Provides input for the preparation of the departments operational budgets for the fiscal year
- Contributes to and supports the corporations quality initiatives by encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporations quality improvement efforts
- Acts as a consultant to manage, configure, implement, monitor, identify, diagnose, resolve problems and perform analysis related to the integrated IT environment
- Represents the Release and Quality Assurance organization to contribute and advocate best practices in the design and implementation of Information Technology solutions
Apex Systems Inc - 19 months ago
Apex Systems is an IT staffing and services firm. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct...