Software Quality Engineer
Back to Open Positions
Bluefin Robotics is a world leader in the development and fabrication of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) and related technologies. Positioned within the Engineering Department at Bluefin, the Software Quality Engineer will assist throughout the software development process to assure and control the quality of software that is released to our customers. Bluefin’s software is critical for the successful operation of our autonomous underwater vehicles.
Included are activities such as working with Bluefin’s software development engineers and project managers; interacting with government and commercial clients to demonstrate Bluefin’s ability to meet software quality standards; developing and working with documents such as software requirements traceability documents, software test strategy, software test plans and software test procedures; testing (both in the factory and at sea) the GUI tools and embedded software that together configure and control our vehicles; and participating in software bug triage and root cause analysis sessions. Key to this position will be the continuous improvement of the quality of Bluefin’s software products.
Responsibilities Include :
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Assure and control the quality of software that is released to our customers.
- Develop, review and execute test strategies, test plans and supporting documents to assure system software quality goals.
- Test software throughout its development cycle to verify and validate that it meets the system’s software requirements and contractual requirements.
- Perform testing at different levels including unit, system and system integration.
- Verify that software is properly functioning using techniques including regression, black box, white box, functional, performance, usability and acceptance testing.
- Participate in bug triage meetings to help determine resolution, status and priority.
- Document and track discovered bugs throughout the bugs’ life cycles until closed.
- Quantify software quality assurance (SQA) and developer performance.
- Develop, evolve, and improve new and existing SQA processes and the process itself, as Bluefin moves toward CMMI certification.
- Lead internal audits of the SW team, processes and products to ensure compliance to the ISO9001:2008 standard
- Maintain accurate records of the SQA process and SQA activities, including formal reports when required; these documents need to build an auditable trail.
- Participate in the decision process that leads to software release.
- B.S. Software Engineering, Computer Sciences or similar relevant degree
- Good writing, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- 5 – 10years of relevant experience
- Proficient in C, C++
- Ability and desire to work in an energetic, multi-disciplinary environment with top-notch engineers
- Linux and Windows experience is highly desirable; hardware experience is a plus
- Experience with AUVs and/or subsea vehicles
- Experience working on US Department of Defense projects, and with the related standards and contract requirements
Position and Location:
- Capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense Secret Level Security Clearance, and willing to do so if requested
- Comfortable operating on boats; this role requires occasional day-trips at sea learning and testing Bluefin Robotics systems
- This is a full-time position located in Quincy, Massachusetts
- To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to resume[at]bluefinrobotics.com
- No phone calls, please. No unsolicited third-party recruiters or agencies, please.
Bluefin Robotics Corporation - 2 years ago