ECOtality is currently looking for a Software Quality Engineer who will be monitoring the software engineering processes and methods used to ensure quality and who also will be responsible for ensuring technology-appropriate testing strategies are developed and executed.
· Own and manage test environment and process.
· Leads testing strategy discussions.
· Develop and write automated tests.
· Develop and implement QA test plans for manual and automated tests.
· Develop and implement QA procedures and test cases for manual and automated tests.
· Ability to drive testing strategy on a full life cycle basis.
· Identifies technical risks at every life cycle phase and prepares mitigation plans.
· Work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
· Ensure that quality processes are carried out through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
· Estimate quality assurance effort on approved projects.
· Develop and implement efficient and effective testing strategy, test conditions and test scripts for approved projects.
· Work closely with Release Team for continuous integration process and test driven development.
· Work with software engineering team to identify risks if quality assurance process is not followed.
· Provide guidance around best practice use of test productivity and automation tools.
· Provide recommendations on test tool selection and use.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering; electronics, preferred Mathematics or Computer Science.
· Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Testing.
· Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience writing testing automation tests.
· Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in software development using C/C++ as main development language.
· Strong background in the following technologies: Linux/Unix, Scripting, SVN or CVS.
· Strong background using Linux command line.
· Experience using Linux as development and as a user platform.
· Experience implementing and/or using industry standard testing and automation tools.
· Demonstrates a solid understanding product lifecycles as well as how technologies are applied to business solutions.
· Ability to quickly learn and understand application of new technologies.
· Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills.
· Must be very detail oriented.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance.
· Ability to prioritize workload in an effective manner.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.