Synacor is the country's leading provider of premium service delivery platforms and private-label portals that enable Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to easily bundle a wide variety of free and subscription-only value-added services into their Internet offering. We are looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development - someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current!
As a Software Quality Engineer on our Quality Engineering team, you will work with other quality engineers and developers to create Synacor's next generation of products. You will search for, investigate and report defects and drive overall delivery quality. You will utilize your skills to drive mobile test planning, develop the mobile test environment, create test automation, execute functional tests, and deliver in-depth defect report analysis and problem isolation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a test strategy for efficient testing across mobile devices including iOS and Android
• Create and execute tests for handheld devices
• Construct testing environments to simulate real world environments
• Extract appropriate logs and gather diagnostic information for issues encountered during testing
• Responsible for verifying software developed in a fast paced, dynamic Agile Environment.
• Assist product team in resolving layout and formatting issues (e.g. design, user-flow experience)
• Investigate and isolate problems and provide descriptive bug reports
• Develop test plans, cases, scripts and custom tools to facilitate high quality deliverables
• Execute automation test frameworks and automation tools - report results
• Assist in maintaining current regression framework as well as create new regression framework
• Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team as well as on an individual level
• Provide comprehensive release assessments and quality sign-off
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• Experience with Mobile software device testing
• Cross-platform testing experience (Apple, Blackberry, Android, etc)
• Knowledgeable about HTML5 and device specific QA a strong plus
• Experience with mobile application emulators
• Experience with bug tracking tools (JIRA a plus)
• Strong Front-End Web Services and/or GUI testing
• Capable of multi-tasking and ability to manage small projects
• Solid written and verbal communication skills a must!
• BS in Computer Science at a minimum or equivalent experience. Ph.D or MSc in Computer Science are a plus.
• Programming skills in at least one of the following languages: .Net, C++, Java, Perl or PHP. PHP being preferable.
• Additional Assets
o Experience with JQuery
o Familiarity of Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Chrome.)
o Strong scripting skills (awk, sed, perl, shell) are an asset.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• Paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...