Are you a database expert, passionate about building database technology that supports relentless growth and innovation?
Join the team that is building the database of the cloud. We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineering Architect with a strong database internals background to work in a team responsible for architecting, developing and testing the next generation of database systems. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers and database experts to deliver high quality software architecture with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service.
You will need expertise with database internals, exceptional software engineering skills, proficiency with agile development methodologies, and the ability to operate within short release cycles. You will be responsible for leading a high-performance team by example. You must have a proven track record of success, leading a technical QE team with a strong sense of quality ownership, customer advocacy, and automation strategy. This is a hands-on job that requires strong technical, collaboration and mentoring skills to provide leadership within the organization.
- Develop the quality strategy and plan for the core database system.
- Lead and perform comprehensive test strategy that includes functionality, stress, reliability and resiliency, data protection, regression automation, workload and data set creation.
- Design, build, and implement automation frameworks and tests that are effective, fast, robust, and maintainable.
- Participate in product and feature design with architects, developers, and product owners.
- Validate code changes against existing test suites
- Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defect and provide detailed input to development
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to identify, understand and resolve risk areas, root cause of defects and escalations
- Actively participate in release and deployment process
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Deep expertise in software development and quality engineering
- Experience implementing database internals
- Experience with schema design and SQL development
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving and communication skills, and a results oriented attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic agile team environment
- PostgreSQL software development experience and community involvement as a contributor would be a huge plus
- Experience building a high-performance large-scale database platform
- Experience with agile software development, and short release cycles
Founded in 1999, Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies — including our flagship sales and CRM applications — help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. With more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Software Quality Engineering Architect, PostgreSQL Database Internals position
Rypple - 13 months ago