Opportunity with a highly respected company. Seeking Software Support Consultant. This is a dual function role. Firstly it is to provide external end user client support on the companyâs software solutions. The second aspect of this role is to maintain the software test Lab and Demonstration equipment in working order. This will involve the creation and maintenance of end-user environments (Operating System, Database, dataset, application and peripheral devices) for issue replication and resolution. Ensuring machine Ghost images are up to date and Backups are completed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone and email in a courteous manner.
- For each instance record all pertinent end user identification information, including name, company, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Maintain an end-user support database (in Clear Quest), recording all necessary information on client and individual installation details.
- Prioritize and schedule actions to solve problems within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAâs), escalating when required to the appropriately experienced Support Specialist.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues for end-users.
- Assist with end user questions or general inquires.
- Record, track and document the each step of the problem solving process on a centrally based call logging system (Clear Quest). This should include all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Deliver required service levels according to company policies and client agreements.
- Conducting full release testing of the product, with supporting documentation, prior to release to the field.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and frequently asked questions to aid in problem resolution.
- Become and maintain an expert level of knowledge in the software applications. Training and resources will be provided.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, external end user clients and staff on software usage and operation via verbal or written communications.
- Verify any software patches released from Level 3, to ensure problem has been adequately resolved, prior to end user distribution.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests and regular customer satisfaction calls. Deliver to the client a report covering the issue, steps to resolve and the final fix (8D Report).
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked question lists for end users.
- Review end user training materials and documentation and keep them up to date.
- Work with internal release management to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in the software applications.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot test lab; software, hardware, networked peripheral devices and networking hardware products.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot sales demonstration; software, hardware, networked peripheral devices and networking hardware products.
- Recommend, schedule and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of both internal hardware and software licenses used in the test laboratory.
Please forward resumes to: Stacey Brady, Sr. Recruiter - email@example.com
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a software technical support role.
- A degree qualified graduate with a software related degree preferable or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Certifications and or formal technical training in MS Operating Systems, A+ Certification and MS Office applications, and Databases. Linux/Unix server training an advantage.
- Sound knowledge and experience in supporting and querying databases. MS-SQL 2000 and later and Oracle v9.2 and later.
- Knowledge of Web development is required.
- 2nd Language (Spanish) is highly desired.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good technical knowledge of PC and desktop and server hardware, including internal components and external peripherals.
- Good technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
Delta Dallas - 12 months ago
We specialize in the executive placement of administrative, accounting, legal, and information systems professionals.
An executive search...