STRATEGIC RESOLUTION EXPERTS (SRE) is seeking a Software Engineer with knowledge and experience of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fairmont, West Virginia. In Fairmont, West Virginia , we support NASA’s Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program , delivering analysis, validation and verification of safety and mission-critical software for important NASA science and human exploration programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical task planning and supports the Project Lead in the execution and control of the tasks.
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of systems and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s unit, build, and systems integration test products.
- Performs functional analysis, scenario analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements.
- Utilizes static code analysis tools to identify potential source code errors and performs analysis to verify the validity of the errors and assess the impact of the errors on the desired software behavior(s).
- Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessments.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety and mission critical software systems to ensure the system will not do what it is not supposed to do and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- Interacts directly with targeted development program personnel providing a suitable interface for the program to gain access to the results of IV&V analyses.
- Leads small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares Technical Issue Memorandums/Problem Reports, presentations, technical reports, research papers, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Supports IV&V project lead directly as knowledgeable reviewer of IV&V products and services.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience and expertise with NASA, NOAA, FAA, or military programs involving spacecraft flight software.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Work experience with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test).
- Expertise in the utilization of C++ and C programming languages, and Object Oriented Design for mission critical ground and flight software systems. Must be able to read and understand C++ and C source code to verify correct, complete, and consistent implementation of software requirements and behaviors.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program, OR an additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, software integration, and verification and validation.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience and familiarity with spacecraft domains such as Command & Data Handling, Telecommunications, Electrical Power Subsystem, Thermal Control Subsystem, SpaceWire (SpW) protocol, Fault Protection/FDIR, Autonomy, and Vehicle Health Management
- Experience with Static Code Analysis tools such as Klocwork Insight, Code Sonar, FlexeLint, Coverity or Polyspace
- Familiarity with UML, service oriented architecture, and agile processes.
- Plus if the candidate has experience/expertise with Java and Ada programming languages.
- Plus if the candidate has experience or familiarity with JHU/APL’s software development for NASA missions.
- Plus if the candidate has experience and familiarity with the development of the FAA’s software systems.
Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
ABOUT STRATEGIC RESOLUTION EXPERTS, INC:
Strategic Resolution Experts, Inc. provides outstanding services to commercial and government customers. Our company is an Accredited ITIL® and Project Management Training provider. We are ISO-compliant, integrating Quality Management Standards in every facet of our service.
We have worked in diverse industries, including defense, finance, & biotechnology. We provide IT Governance and IT Service Management services to ensure the highest quality, most cost effective IT Services are implemented within your organization.
Strategic Resolution Experts, Inc. is an SBA Certified 8a / Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), 100% Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Veteran-owned small business. Our expertise spans all phases of the lifecycle and provides for continual service improvement through establishment of metrics during the design phase of the process.