Req ID 18663BR Job Title Software Systems Engineer Location MA: Bedford Profession Computer Science Department Code E546 Purpose Join MITRE, which was included on Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For listing for ten consecutive years, as a Software Systems Engineer to perform research and development of solutions for automated processing of ground and airborne video for both MITRE internal research as well as direct customer activities. Security Clearance Level Secret Key Functions Computer software and system development with emphasis on machine vision processing applications; including analysis and design, software integration, technology assessment, software prototyping and migration. Must keep pace with current and emerging technologies and their application to complex system problems. Expected to have technical knowledge of software engineering principles. Required Education/Experience: BS Desired Education/Experience B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent technical discipline, with 3 plus years experience in 3D machine vision. Required Skills: - 1 year of real-world and hands on software development experience using C++.
- Experience and interest in machine vision processing, particularly in the field of vision based simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), video augmented reality or structure-from-motion techniques. Desired Skills - Math background suitable to for understanding of machine vision topics.
- Exposure to one or more of the following: camera calibration, bundle adjustment, projective geometry, image processing, feature detection, and object detection and tracking.
- Experience with common tools, such as MATLAB and the OpenCV framework.
- Graphics and visualization experience (i.e., OpenGL) is a plus.
- A strong software engineering background, including knowledge of software development practices, workflows, and tools is desirable.
- Familiarity with version control, issue tracking, task planning, Linux and/or Windows development is a plus.
- Experience employing the scientific method in research is also desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to write clearly and logically about highly technical issues.
- Multi-tasking skills are also a plus. Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 10% of the time. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
washingtonpost.com - 9 months ago
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organizati...