Software Systems Engineer Manager (Job Number: 318534)
SAIC has an opening for a Software System Engineer Manager to provide support to the US Army Intelligence Community.
The successful candidate will work with a geographically distributed team supporting systems are designed to meet challenges in DoD theaters of operations. The candidate will work with integration, development and operations teams to support the enhancement of Army Cloud capabilities.
- Provide system design, software development, and technical guidance to the team.
- Work closely with management to drive technical strategy and lead team(s) in meeting strategic/ program-level objectives
- Manage System Engineers to ensure that the applications meet operational requirements. Assign tasks and track the progress of those tasks against release schedules.
- Support complex enterprise architectures to meet challenging mission goals, scalability requirements and that allow for a flexible system evolution and agile development. Typical system requirements include large data sets, large numbers of users and various distributed computing and middleware services
- Work on complex problems and coordinates teams in the execution of solutions to those problems using rapid prototyping, agile development, or similar methodologies.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments. Works well with others to communicate tasks and execution strategies.
- Interact with management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Provides guidance on development efforts to meet program goals.
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Leading software development teams performing architecture, design, implementation, and testing tasks specific to information capture, retrieval, and analysis within an Intelligence Cloud environment. Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manage large scale, integrated projects.
- Designing, developing, and testing application and application services as well as leading a team of developers in those activities.
- Developing Server Side applications with JAVA, JBOSS, Groovy, REST, SOAP, XML, Hibernate, Web Services, Apache Struts, Oracle SQL, BEA Weblogic/J2EE application server (or similar). Familiarity or experience with distributed or cloud systems a strong plus and should include NoSQL database structures.
- Determining system specifications to meet business requirements and hardware/software compatibility. Responsible for examining, coordinating and maximizing development efforts across projects.
- Deploying Applications on a JBOSS Application Server.
- 6+ years SW Development team leadership experience
- 15+ years overall experience
- Development Experience: Java 2EE (JSP, Servlets, JDBC); PostGRES; Oracle; JBoss or WebLogic
- Active Secret Clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field. Masters Degree preferred
- Desired experience with commercial and private cloud implementations.
- Specific Intelligence Community cloud implementations a significant qualifier.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 17, 2013, 5:11:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 19 months ago
Enterprise Data Manager
- 3 days ago
- 4 days ago
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc.
Crystal City, VA
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc.
- 8 days ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...