GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Position Description :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Administer and manage all databases as requested by customer
- Apply database patching
- Work directly with customer to collect requirements, design, build and deploy database solutions
- Assist in capacity planning of the database environment in accordance with the growth of enterprise
- Ensure the integrity and security of the database in accordance with Command requirements and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Perform database security audits and manages security
- Perform and test routine database backups and restores
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for database administration and appropriate use
- Research issues and perform problem solving
- Provide technical guidance related to SQL query issues
- Provide technical guidance for possible cross database migrations (e.g. Oracle to SQL Server)
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering or a related technical field
- Must have at least 10 years relevant software experience
- Experience must show increasing responsibility in administration and management of databases
- Must have 4 years experience in SQL DBA administration
- Must have 1 year minimum experience in Oracle administration
- Must have a demonstrated ability to produce written technical correspondence that supports his/her recommendations, findings, and analyses
- SQL DBA certified
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Oracle DBA certification
- Experience in Database design/implementation
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events
GS5 - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -