The Road to Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our
Software Systems Programmer, Consultant
CA. This position will provide mainframe z/OS operating system and performance tuning support for 2 large mainframe environments processing 13 million CICS transactions per day. Also support test environments and cold disaster recovery site. Perform standard system programming activities: Hardware Configuration Definition, component installation and system maintenance using SMP/E, Input/Output subsystem configuration, Logical Partition configuration, parallel sysplex support, and software product installations in the mainframe environment. Support storage management, backup/restore, disaster recovery, capacity planning, access control, networking and operating procedures. Resolve complex problems, perform trend analyses and create tools to detect or prevent problems related to hardware, software and network functions. Build relationships with software and hardware vendors. Support business studies, proposals and cost/feasibility studies. Provide guidance for other technical and application development staff regarding capabilities and usage of the z/OS mainframe environment. Work with users and Data Center Operations to resolve technical problems in the mainframe environment. Participate in software deployments, installations and various other support functions as defined by department manager. Responsible for pro-active technical solutions. Must use problem-prevention as a goal in day-to-day operation. Must use interpersonal skills to build and foster good relations with business and development users and to oversee vendors as necessary. Have or build the skill set necessary to support z/VM and Linux on System z environments in additional LPARs in the mainframe complex.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications:
- BS degree in Information Technology or similar Computer Science program preferred.
- Significant, relevant work experience would be considered.
- Minimum 8 years experience supporting IBM mainframe z/OS operating system including installation and maintenance.
- Proven experiences in administrating z/OS environments, including planning for maintenance and new release operating systems and related software products.
- Proven experience with SMP/E, HCD, ServerPac, electronic software delivery, ISPF, TSO, SMF and RMF.
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated experience with solutions and with recommendations that resulted in meeting deadlines and increasing both project and system efficiency.
- Specialized or 12 years general experience (of which at least 5 years must be specialized).
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, committed to the success of the overall team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on call support.
- Working within a team of Systems Programmerss with minimal guidance.
- Desired experience and skills: Experience with z/VM as a platform for running Linux guest operating systems on System z.
- Experience with the RedHat or SuSE Linux operating system running on System z.
- Experience with WebSphere Application Server, Process Server, or Enterprise Service Bus components running on Linux (alternatively running on AIX).
- Working knowledge of DB2, CICS and WebSphere MQ on mainframe platforms.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies.
California-Costa Mesa (CA)