This position provides software quality assurance services and will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Analyze functional, service level and technical requirements and use cases.
- Write high quality deliverables such as test plans and test scripts.
- Cross reference test scripts with requirements.
- Execute a wide range of quality control testing to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards including: functional, regression, integration, performance, and compliance test.
- Conduct manual and automated testing of software applications.
- Collect and analyze data for software evaluation and improvements.
- Effectively document all issues, errors and variances.
- Assist developers in the effective and efficient resolution of issues.
- Document all detected issues and variances and assist in their solution.
- Utilize IBM Rational Functional Tester, IBM Performance Tester, JIRA, and MS Office Suite.
- Work with crossfunctional teams, including technical, project, customer, and vendor.
- Lead test status, issue resolution project meetings.
- Contribute to SVTs efforts to continually improve standards, efficiencies, etc.
- Clearly document and communicate inconsistencies, issues and recommended changes to technical teams.
- Follow defined IT standards and procedures in the creation of test scenarios.
- Collaborate with peers, architects, project managers, and vendors ensuring adherence to design specification and requirements.
Required Yrs Skill/Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in
Business or Information Science or in a field related to the job. (Education or experience may be substituted up to maximum of four (4) years)
3 Experience in Information Services or related field
3 Working knowledge of software testing methodologies
3 Experience in documenting test plans, testing requirements, test defects/resolution
3 Experience in writing, running and maintaining test scripts
3 Manual and Automated testing experience
2 Experience working with the Rational suite of testing tools (RFT, RPT)
2 Knowledge of IT Service Management programs base on ITIL/ISO practices
5 Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
3 Familiarity with technical style guides and writing standards
5 Familiarity with integration testing and best practices
5 Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of varying technical aptitudes
2 Knowledge of systems used to support the business of a T&D organization, including outage
management, CIS, automated metering, distribution management systems.
3 Utilize IBM Rational Functional Tester, IBM Performance Tester
2 Experience testing solutions based on SOA, JEE, and Web Services using IBM WebSphere
products including Integration Developer 6.1-7.0, Enterprise Service Bus 6.1-7.0 WebSphere
Application Server 6.1, DataPower XI50.
WebSphere security Web application architecture and deployment
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Benfits offered to W2 contractors
SOAL Technologies - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard