Software Test Automation SME
Job Description and Duties:
Seeking an experienced Software Test Automation SME to lead the implementation of a test automation program at a US Government Civilian Agency. T he position interacts with all team members and various divisions within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and business users, but will involve mainly interacting with all the divisions within AED and their development teams and it will involve supporting development teams that may be following either waterfall, agile, or other system development methodology.
Support the day-to-day administration of the program include but are not limited to:
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing to support automation needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice in review of requirements, user stories/acceptance criteria and assist with the translation of them to test cases and automated test scripts using automated tools (using SmartBear TestComplete, Selenium and SoapUI Pro).
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the Development and Test teams to capture and reuse automated Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects to ensure test automation is implemented successfully.
- Work with the release engineering team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Develop strategy for remote testing (some software teams will perform testing remotely via a VM scenario).
- Assist with the research and documentation of defects as uncovered through automation scripts in an effort to resolve defects quickly.
- Assist with updating the test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics.
- Provide the test team leadership with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree desired; Master’s degree preferable; Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience as a test engineer working with Java-based or .Net based applications using positive and negative testing techniques.
- 3 years of experience organizing and leading test automation projects with robust test automation scripts.
- Experience with Test Automation platforms such as, SmartBear TestComplete, Selenium, and SoapUI Pro, and other tools, with these technologies being of preference.
- Experience in testing using the Agile & Waterfall methodologies and frameworks.
- Experience in developing algorithms to dynamically find test objects in test automation and create dynamic verification points in test scripts.
- Knowledge of IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) a plus.
- Experience in writing test scripts in multiple target platforms in Linux/Unix/Windows and Web servers including Jboss and Apache Tomcat.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills and excellent communication skills - writing, speaking and listening – must be able to mentor client staff.
- Experience with Federal Civilian Agency.
- Experience working on a large agile project Proficient with gathering and utilizing data to improve the customer experience.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Patent and Trademark experience is a plus