Software Test Consultant (Hadoop)
Quardev, Inc., a premier software testing and technical services provider, is looking for exceptional people to join our team. We have a fast-growth, community-minded culture that is built on integrity, innovation, and fun, with a commitment to Doing-What-It-Takes to get the job done for our clients. Our five-star service standard, along with our professionalism and personable, partnering approach to doing business has earned us a 100% return rate with our testing clients since opening our doors in 2000.
The focus of this project is migrating an extremely large SQL backend (database) to a distributed file system in Hadoop. Responsibilities will cover the complete lifecycle of testing activities, including preparation of test plans and test cases, execution of tests, replication of faults, test reporting, retesting and closeout. You will be hands on lead by example superstar (gold star preferred).
Essential Technical skills:
- All types of functional and non-functional testing, including installation and regression testing.
- Developing test plans, detailed test cases, and scripts exercising the full range of available functionality for new products and product fixes.
- Execution of tests in accordance with plans and release schedules.
- Accurate reporting on test execution, the quality of the tested deliverables and defects.
- Working closely with development to clarify expected system behavior and requirements.
- Testing in multiple domains (performance, usability, functional etc)
- Set up, maintenance and configuration of test environments.
- Replication and documentation of faults found during test runs.
- Contribution to QA improvement projects.
- Working closely with the Development Manager and Global Head of QA to create a structured test framework.
- A minimum of 7 years software testing experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficient in SQL Scripting and Querying.
- Experience in Web service testing (SOAP and REST), and backend testing
- Experience of testing Windows and Linux based applications in a client/server environment.
- Good understanding of structured testing and test methodologies.
- Experience of functional and non-functional testing.
- The ability to document test plans and test cases.
- The ability to create and execute manual tests for integration and system level testing for both new products and product fixes.
- Experience in configuring test environments.
*US Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- Experience in scripting automated tests for both new products and product maintenance.
- Knowledge in developing and implementing reusable and scalable automated test harnesses.
- Knowledge of C# and .NET.
- Client/Server technologies.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and TFS.
- Basic understanding of SM (Social Media) technologies.
- Experience of Agile development.
- Personal skills and experience
- Good team player
- Able to work effectively on many different tasks at the same time.
- Able to demonstrate ownership of projects.
- Process orientated.
- Highly flexible.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and identify priority tasks to ensure successful testing.
*Local Seattle Metro area candidates ONLY
Agencies * Quardev does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Quardev from any third party will not be recognized and such agency or party will have no recourse from Quardev.
If you are ready for a challenge with a fast growing, exciting company send your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you.