It is a contract to permanent position.
The candidate will be responsible for working with the two different Cloud and On-Premise CIM products. Successful candidates will be highly experienced with automation methodologies and will have designed and implemented testing processes (including functional, regression and load-testing) required to ensure a successful product development life-cycle and delivery. They will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated development and testing process.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Working within the test engineering effort in building a state-of-the-art automation test framework and process.
2. Create and execute complex, multi-platform test plans and procedures, simulating dual active data warehouse environments and failure conditions, ensuring complete product coverage.
3. Participate in taking a single tenant, on-premise software solution to a cloud-based Software as a Service solution.
4. Participate in Agile development processes and focus on automated testing to support software quality efforts.
5. Implement load and performance testing techniques.
6. Analyze and troubleshoot issues and tests; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve performance.
7. Participate in the development and implementation of an automated testing process.
8. Assist product engineers in the identification and resolution of product defects.
9. Provide recommendations/suggestions for improving testing efficiency
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have experience in software product development environments. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of best practices as well as experience testing scenarios on various platforms using combination of custom tools and/or commercial products.
1. BS, CS or relevant, related experience
2. Software test and/or engineering experience, including but not limited to:
a. relational database environments and test methodologies
b. unit, functional, and regression testing
c. security and performance testing
3. In-depth knowledge of load testing real-time multi-tier architectures
4. Experience with Automation methodologies, scripting, executing, etc.
5. Experience working with SaaS and multi-tenant environments
6. Experience working on system scalability testing and load performance
7. In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies
8. Experience with web based technologies including HTTP, browsers and related testing
9. Experience with RESTful and SOAP based web service calls
1. High level experience with Automation methodologies, scripting, executing, others.
2. Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP, Scrum, etc.
3. Experience with Jira, Subversion, Bamboo, Selenium, and SoapUI
4. Experience in developing automated test cases for both browser and web service based user interactions
5. Experience as a technical lead for the QA team within an agile team.
6. Experience with non-relational databases (e.g. Hadoop hBase) and test methodologies
7. Should be comfortable on various operating systems, including Linux and Windows environment
8. Should be comfortable with database technologies including but not limited to SQL queries, db setup and configuration, etc.