Shopbop is looking for driven and customer-focused senior software engineers who will put their technology skills to work to drive our business to the next level. Part of the Shopbop website team, the Senior Software Development Engineer will work on a high-volume, high-transaction website where performance and aesthetics are equally important. The website team is responsible for building the Shopbop.com website and content management system.
The position requires a strong engineer with experience testing distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services and with hands-on object oriented coding experience. The SDE will programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas. The test software should expose API defects in production-level code, as well as defects at the component and feature-integration prospective.
· Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
· Write and execute test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs, and pushing quality upstream.
· Expose API defects in production-level code, as well as defects at the component and feature integration level.
· Provide test scripts that are comprehensive, accurate, and repeatable and will test both sunny-day and rainy-day scenarios.
· Own the maintenance and extension of entire software development test suites and frameworks and serve as a technical lead within the operations and test team on complex projects.
· Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing functionality at scale.
· Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, and test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts. Manage and execute project plans, meeting delivery commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of software testing experience (via building automated test software).
- Experience in one or more object oriented development languages such as Java, C++, C#, or VB.net.
- Experience with SQL, data structures, complex algorithms, Unix/Linux, and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in development and testing of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services.
- Experience in QA methodologies. Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files. Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and build technology solutions to solve them.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features and technical designs.
- Experience working with service-oriented architectures, such Spring, Ehcache, or similar technologies.
- Experience working with RDBMS, like Oracle.
- Strong leadership qualities.
· Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD).
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures.
· Proficient in building web applications.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment where change is the only constant.
· Team player with high energy.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out-of-the-box thinker.
· Results-oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
· Self-motivated, accountability, and sense of ownership. Should take pride in what you code.
Shopbop is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon.com - 20 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...