We have complex business and IT problems to solve and value creative engineers who find simple, robust solutions to customers' needs. Our Software Engineer in Test is responsible for specification, architecture, design, development, unit testing and integration of software components. Using great creativity and coding ability, the ideal candidate can take a feature area all the way from architecture to deployment and produce high quality code that is secure, performs, and is scalable. The ideal candidate is proactive, can see the big picture and can prioritize the right work items in order to optimize the overall team output.
- Spearhead design/development/usage of testing framework and technologies during the agile development process
- Develop test patterns to evaluate the solutions for performance, scalability, security and reliability
- Contribute to the quality of the solutions by identifying issues in architecture/design and implementation
- Demonstrate technical leadership and provide mentoring to fellow team members
- Work closely with developers to ensure that the architecture/design includes testability, automation friendly, reliability, scalability, etc.
- Contribute to our Agile development process as a scrum team member from requirements analysis and design up through final feature acceptance and deployment
- Continuously increase the coverage and complexity of functional test cases using Java and Python
- Interface with development and Operations/Systems engineers to reproduce and resolve defects quickly
- Have strong technical abilities, logical thinking and good problem solving abilities
- 3+ years experience developing web application software (Python and/or Java)
- In-depth understanding of the concepts of scalability (horizontal and vertical)
- Strong ability to work with and understand a large codebase, including how the features and components interact and potential changes may impact the systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- In-depth expertise with Python and/or Java
- Passionate about software design, development, code quality and unit testing
Why work at SnapLogic besides the awesome technology and team?
- Experience with distributed software application development
- Experience in building a Cloud test platform from scratch
- Good balance of open source and commercial platform experience
- Knowledge of code and memory profiling tools for Java
- Knowledge of Open Source QA tools such as Selenium, The Grinder
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Interested candidates should send a resume to Tiffany Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We provide a culture that encourages different perspectives and new ways of thinking toward a common, aligned goal and shared vision.
- We have an open and respectable culture where you can make a difference and be recognized for a job well done instead of dealing with bureaucracy or politics.
- We love to have fun!
- We have weekly "Snappy Hours" every Fridays beginning at 4pm at our local pub or wine bar.
- Free delicious lunch twice a week - and it's more than your average pizza.
- Our gym membership allowance will help you break that sweat at one of the nearby gyms.
- Friendly, low maintenance pets are generally welcomed
- And, nerf gun battles are encouraged!
SnapLogic, Inc. - 2 years ago