We are a strong team of talented individuals with a wide range of complimentary skill sets who enjoy challenging and ever-evolving projects. Our goal is to provide innovative, cutting edge software to our clients as part of our commitment to unparalleled service. To meet this goal, we develop our software solutions in an agile, dynamic environment and constantly strive to use the newest technologies and depend heavily on the skills and knowledge of our QA team.
The Software Tester performs all aspects of product testing including Functional, Regression, Performance, Usability, and Integration. This individual participates in the development, publication, and implementation of test plans, the writing and maintenance of automated test scripts, and the development of testing standards and quality metrics. This tester is largely self-managed, requires little direction to complete testing assignments, and requires little mentoring on testing skills and tools. This position requires intermediate knowledge of software engineering and testing methodologies, software development lifecycles, and business terms, concepts, language, and processes for application functionality such as inventory, point of sale, member management, accounting, reporting, personal training and scheduling. Must have the motivation and ability to perform critical analysis about how users will interact with the software being tested, and turn those thoughts into detailed tests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Works with the Development team and Product Owner to prioritize critical fixes.
- Trains other software testing engineers.
- Participates in requirement definition and verifies that requirements are testable and provides preliminary recommendations for how each will be tested.
- Ensures that testing of multiple efforts is progressing as appropriate.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Expresses recommendations based on client desires, product architecture, cost, quality, and delivery timelines
- Contributes significantly to the tracking and resolution of defects
- Works closely with development and support teams to ensure total product quality
- Performs “Ad Hoc” testing
- Produces test scripts that are pertinent to current software enhancements
- Understands a component’s purpose and then ensures the testing strategy substantiates that purpose
- Communicates desired functionality with development teams and product owners
- Prepares and facilitates software demonstrations
- Performs all aspects of product testing including functional, regression, performance, usability, and integration
- Verifies software matches customer expectations; assists developers with producing software components that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Discovers and analyzes requirements (written and oral) to derive test plans, test estimates, scripts, and reports
- Learns multiple software products, hardware devices, and software platforms, and applies testing skills accordingly
- Develops a solid understanding of a tested product’s intended performance
- Coordinates the identification and resolution of software issues between multiple departments, groups, and locations
- Utilizes automated test tools to improve test efficiency and repeatability
- ABC is a client centric organization requiring a great deal of flexibility
- Professional Development is offered and expected for all Software Development positions. You must have the initiative to keep your manager informed of your desired development goals.
- While we have multiple teams within Software Development we are one team and all communication and actions must represent that.
- You are expected to do 2 hours client time per month to maintain our client centric focus and user experience.
- At ABC we have a Matrix organization that means you have a manager you report to as well as a Product Owner or Manager that steers your direction.
- Participate in Daily Status update
- Peer and stakeholder reviews are held annually and require all to participate in a timely manner
- To support ABC’s client centric environment, you may be required to travel on site to visit a club for up to 5 days on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- All testers are required to enter all test plans into ABC’s TCM for all new development and enhancements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- 2 years of testing experience
- CSTE or equivalent testing certification preferred but not required
- 1 year experience with Linux/Apache/Tomcat preferred
- Intermediate SQL experience
- Experience with QA tools (Mercury preferred) for automation, coverage, error analysis and error reporting
- Experience testing thin-client (Browser based) or mainframe applications
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret technical data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic skills including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions
- Ability to problem-solve using deductive reasoning in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Makes appropriate and effective use of team approach to problem solving
- Flexibility/adaptability – ability to changes priorities quickly and often.
- Knowledge of Software Test/Quality Assurance methodologies and application of those methodologies
- Knowledge of Product and Software Development Lifecycles, especially Agile (SCRUM preferred)
- Knowledge of database concepts and platforms such as MySQL