Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
As a software tester, you will be responsible for creating and executing tests against multiple software and instrumentation products.
- Work as a software tester in an Agile-based software development group
- Create and execute test cases and collect test artefacts based on existing test plans
- Report software defects and interact with software developers to ensure they are fixed
- Develop automated test scripts
- Ensure that all software is developed and documented according to company policies
- Drive continuous improvement of testing and development practices within the team
- Use life sciences background to understand and validate customer applications
- Ph.D. in Life Science or related field, or a BS/MS plus 4 years laboratory experience (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years working in a regulated lab environment
- Experience with plate readers, microscopy and image analysis for life science applications is highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with various software testing methodologies and the software development life cycle, including agile software development
- Experience with scripting, or with automated software testing tools (QTP, TestComplete, Rational Functional Test)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Stretch oriented – embraces and thrives on challenge
- Continuous improvement oriented – identifies inefficiencies and takes initiative to find the root cause and implement corrective actions
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency
Molecular Devices is part of the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment of Danaher Corporation. Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2011, we generated $16.1 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website: www.danaher.com.
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale