Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for shareholders.
The ongoing development of our portfolio of acquisition, analysis and data management software requires a skilled Test Automation Specialist to ensure the continued satisfaction of our install base of more than 10,000 users. In this full-time role, you will be responsible for increasing the quality of our industry-leading software developed using Agile methodology.
This might be the right job for you if you…
- Are self-motivated, creative and proactive
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple platforms and architectures and diverse technologies
- Work well with developers, project managers, agile coaches and other stakeholders throughout the development process, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution
- Take pride in developing robust automated test tools to enable the rapid verification of software in development, thinking both short and long-term
- Quickly identify process deficiencies, take ownership, and resolve them
Danaher Corporation Overview
- BS/MS in Life Science, Bioinformatics or related field
- 3 years’ experience testing software used with analytical instrumentation
- Experience with various software testing methodologies and the software development life cycle, including agile software development
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with scripting, or with automated software testing tools, such as QTP or TestComplete.
- Experience with plate readers, microscopy and image analysis for life science applications is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Stretch oriented – embraces and thrives on challenge
- Continuous improvement oriented – identifies inefficiencies and takes initiative to find the root cause and implement corrective actions
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 63,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.3 billion of revenue from five reporting segments: Test & Measurement, Environmental, Dental, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, and Industrial Technologies.
Research and Development / Scientific
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Danaher - 13 months ago