EchoStar currently has a need for Software Engineering Testers (technician level)!!
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. Its wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application, and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
Does the following describe you?
If we still have your attention and you think you would be great fit for this opportunity, then read on about the specifics of this opening.
- Smart, flexible, and eager to learn—new, award-winning products are developed every year using the latest technologies. You are excited about learning these products and technologies, and using your defect-detection skills in new areas.
- Forward thinking—you look for ways to improve how defects can be found, and you are comfortable “managing up” to improve tools and processes used in your area.
- Passionate about your line of work—you know it’s your efforts in finding defects that helps millions of customers enjoy our products.
You will—analyze satellite TV set-top box (STB) receivers for defects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, your duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Providing final qualification of software, hardware, and documentation by accurately following test procedures and using automated test equipment.
- Providing verbal and written descriptions of all problems found.
- Providing feedback for improving the test process or procedures.
- Interfacing directly with Engineering staff in a professional manner.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of software and software test processes.
- Bachelor's from a 4 year university or technical college-year College in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology; or at least five to eight years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven verbal/written English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Proven fast-learner.
- Ability to work well in a team or alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple changing deadlines.
- Quality assurance background is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to think outside of the box to execute freelance exploratory testing that may or may not be covered by executing the test procedure. Thorough with troubleshooting, exercising all avenues before reporting the defect to engineers.
- Proven fast-learner; basic knowledge of software and software test processes
- Proven written/verbal communication skills; detailed-oriented; ability to work in teams.
- Knowledge of the Portuguese language is a plus
Benefits of the position:
- Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar) operates two primary business units: Digital Set-Top Box business and Satellite Services business. Digital...