Looking for a leader for the new Mil/Aero software tools team, to provide vision and to grow
the team to be highly skilled software engineers, who will develop the next generation software tools as well as maintain the current tools, such as TestStudio/Xpress, iStudio, Diagnostics.
This leader will provide the standards, guidelines, and the processes for all the software tools development activities.
This leader will be involved in development tool selection, training, and monitoring.
This leader will assist project managers with their software tools decisions.
Skill sets of the team include
deep knowledge of existing Mile/Aero software tools and software standards and technologies, deep knowledge
of instrumentation, testing, calibration and verification methodologies, C/C++/C#/.NET programming,
data structures, algorithms, SW IDEs and libraries such as Visual Studio, LabWindows/CVI, SyncFusion, etc.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
Experienced software engineering manager needed to lead a team of software engineers responsible for the development and maintenance of software tools for Teradyne-designed or Teradyne-specified instrumentation and systems.
This manager will need to work on products in design and development, requiring them to interface with Hardware Engineering (both internal and external), Software Engineering (both internal and external) and Quality Assurance. This manager will also need to aid the pre-sales engineers and Field Application engineers with their customer applications.
The ideal candidate:
- has a BSEE with strong SW skills or BSCS with strong HW skills with at least 5 years of experience
- has C, C++, C# development experience
- experienced in OOA/OOD
- experienced in GUI application development and methodologies, such as MFC, .NET Forms.
- has good debugging skills (both hardware and software)
- experienced in Teradynes Digital, Analog, Serial, and High Speed instrumentation.
- well organized, good written and verbal communication skills
- has 2 or more years of experience in managing projects or software groups
- works well with a young team and experienced in mentoring/training inexperienced engineers
been approved for this position.
Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Teradyne (NYSE:TER) is a leading supplier of Automatic Test Equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and...