Software Trainer (Job Number: 321269)
The Integrated Systems Group of SAIC has a career opportunity for a Software Trainer located in Columbia, MD.
The Software Trainer will train analysts in the use of software tools, develop training materials and content, and support the tools. The Software Trainer will be part of an effort that ensures life cycle support to analytic software applications and database. This includes daily maintenance, software upgrades to address configuration changes, sustaining product viability, reducing total ownership costs, and providing emergency or crisis capabilities.
- Coordinate and deliver training requirement for multiple tools.
- Prepare in-house programs, training materials and course content.
- Develop detailed analytic examples on how to use selected tools.
- Test software, perform technical writing, and validate requirements.
- Conduct desk side and classroom training and helpdesk support.
- Work with the customer to apply the tools to the mission.
- Learn the existing tools, establishing tool version management techniques.
- Work directly with analysts on data analysis methods and techniques.
- Perform link analysis, document requirements for enhancements to tools.
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with 8+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of GOTS and COTS products.
- Data Analysis methods and techniques experience.
- Link analysis visualization tools experience.
- Ability to work with analysts, understand processes and apply software features.
- Ability find analytic opportunities and show software improvement areas.
- Strong analytic and communicate skills to classes at all levels.
- Understanding with analytic processes and key data repository systems.
- Verbal and written communication skills to work with internal and external customers.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 10, 2013, 2:20:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 10 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...