Revolution Analytics requires the services of experienced freelance software training course developers for the design, development and maintenance of training materials related to use of our statistical software by enterprise customers. You’ll work with our engineering and customer support teams to focus on the creation of engaging and effective R language-related skill development courses to be delivered in live presentation format.
- Design training courses for the use of Revolution’s analytics software products employing your thorough understanding of instructional design theory and effective learning methods as applied to software training in an enterprise setting.
- Partner with internal technical experts to quickly learn the essentials of new software applications to define comprehensive learning objectives for each new course.
- Develop course curriculum that meets defined learning objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Develop course content through use of technical documentation, marketing materials, and interviews with internal staff.
- Create engaging and appropriate multi-media presentations to support course delivery and learning objectives.
- Reinforce learning objectives through the inclusion of labs, instructor guides, and student materials. Insure training materials are technically accurate and culturally appropriate, may involve localization derivations of basic course for specific global regions.
- Ensure quality of work by reviewing content, proofreading and testing.
- Assist in training of instructors on new and existing courses.
- Develop metrics and implement feedback methods for measuring and tracking the success of ongoing training programs for continuous improvement.
- Update, enhance and maintain course contents to support continuous improvement initiatives, advances and enhancements to underlying software product capability, and advances in training techniques, presentation methods and instructional design theory.
- Assist in classroom delivery as necessary.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Masters degree or equivalent with course work in instructional design.
- Experience in software training and course development in an enterprise IT setting.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn a software system and adapt technical documentation, use cases, and marketing materials for use in course development.
- Some familiarity with enterprise IT architecture and systems nomenclature
- Some familiarity with statistical concepts preferred.
- Excellent skills in use of Word, PowerPoint, and other multi-media tools for outlining and developing materials suitable for classroom delivery of course content.
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, highly attentive to detail.
To apply, please send resume, sample course materials, availability and preferred rates to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Freelance work of 1-3 month duration. May be part- or full-time depending on project.
- Work on new courses may require travel to customer site for delivery of initial alpha and beta test versions of course.
Revolution Analytics - 12 months ago