The Soil Sort Worker is responsible for sorting incoming soiled laundry in preparation for the laundry process. Soil Sort staff work as a team, with each member operating one station, occasionally located on an elevated platform, in which soiled linen can be automatically conveyed and sorted according to type, or move the bagged linen and place on the hoist.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position will work within a team of people performing similar duties. Along with one or more team members, an Angelica Soil Sort worker may perform some or all of the following duties during a given shift:
- Manually open bags containing soiled linen
- Push or pull a cart from the adjoining Sorting area
- Position cart on the floor-located scale to note bag weight
- Add or remove linens to adjust the weight of the bag
- Move the cart up to the hoist loading area
- Lift bag straps and attach them to the overhead hoist
- Activate hoist control pushbuttons to initiate the conveyance of the bag
- Sort linen by hand to identify and separate by type
- Pick up and place linen in the appropriate bins
- Check machinery as needed, e.g. in case of jams
- Perform job rotation as required
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- Able to lift an excess of 50 lbs
- Able to continuously push/pull carts over 250 lbs
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience working in a plant environment
- Prior experience working for Angelica
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This position exists primarily within the plant environment. The service center environment is typically warm with elevated noise levels, wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards. The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 50 lbs and moving carts while wearing personal protective equipment. Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, nor designed to contain a definitive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Management retains the exclusive right to alter the scope of work or specific responsibilities within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
Angelica is an EOE and complies with all regulations, Federal, State, Local Codes and Safety Standards. It is Angelica’s philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
By applying to this job you are applying to pooling requisition and not to a specific position. If a specific position comes available and your application is reviewed you will be contacted for further information. Please keep in mind that all applications expire 30 days from applying. If you would like to still be considered for an opening after the 30 day time frame please log back into your profile and reapply to the position so that it will reset the 30 day timer.
Angelica - 13 months ago
Angelica Corporation is a provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. The Company has...