The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning, pre-public company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
This position will report into the local sales manager and will be directly responsible for supporting the local sales teams by developing qualified leads for SolarCity clean energy solutions within local Home Depot stores. In this role, you will be the face of SolarCity, you are the first person our customers meet along their journey of purchasing a SolarCity clean energy solution.
This is not a sit behind the display table waiting for potential customers to come to you. You will be actively walking around the Home Depot store initiating conversations with customers, offering them the opportunity to receive, at no cost, an evaluation of how Solar City’s clean energy solutions can save them money.
You will also be responsible for working with Home Depot employees, training and motivating them to generate customer leads independently.
This is a lead generating position and you will be accountable to the local sales team to deliver quality leads. A portion of the commission compensation will be based on the sales team successfully completing a sale from the leads your Home Depot stores generate.
This is a full time position with SolarCity as such the role has a competitive base salary, commission program linked to performance, health care benefits and company car
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications
- Drive production of in store leads to meet local sales teams goals and objectives
- Speak with customers about SolarCity clean energy solutions
- Train and motivate The Home Depot employees
- Set up SolarCity displays and collateral
- Host and conduct in-store seminars and events for 20 or more people
- Positive, professional, and big picture attitude
- High energy
- Articulate with excellent communication skills
- Highly persuasive
- Self disciplined and honest
- General understanding of the sales process and able to meet targets
- Good to excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Retail sales experience-working the floor highly preferred
- Four year college degree preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Clean DMV driving record (example, no DUIs in the last 5 years).
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Work schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (must work weekends).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Jan 08, 2013
US - California
- 3 years ago - save job
SolarCity sells, installs, finances, and monitors turnkey solar energy systems that convert sunlight into electricity. Its systems, either...