This position is physically located at CNSE’s satellite location in in the Rochester, NY area. This position provides fabrication maintenance support to ensure the smooth operation of fabrication areas. The duties of the Maintenance Technician includes but is not limited to:
Maintain spare parts inventory control; define and order appropriate parts (with competitive bids or sole source justification).
- Trouble-shoot down equipment; define and perform all preventative maintenance on tools in the areas Incoming & outgoing test and inspection (Jonas&Redman, Spire), Fab Automation (Sapphire), Wet etch and texturing (Chemsafe, ME Baker), Diffusion (Sandvick), PECVD (Centrotherm, AMAT), Screen printing and firing (AMAT, Despatch) and others.
- Works with Solar Development Engineers to maximize uptime to meet unique program needs and production plans. Assist fabrication and packaging staff as necessary to ensure timely work flow. Assist maintenance techs in other areas.
Ensure safe-practice in chemical & compressed gas handling are used within the maintenance team.
Work with the STC team to achieve overall processing goals on schedule.
Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND a minimum of three years experience in maintenance of semiconductor/PV equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering - 2 years ago