- Perform complete and accurate reporting of all mechanical and electrical components within the solar field; including adhering to a rigorous daily/monthly reporting cycle of the solar field.
- Monitor the solar field for any kind of abnormalities. Communicate any immediate concerns to the Control Room Operator.
- Install, repair, and perform corrective and preventative maintenance activities for solar field components including but not limited to: reflector panels; heat collection elements; ball joint assemblies; controllers; and actuators.
- Ensure that malfunctioning Solar Collector Assemblies are taken in/out of service for repair per site clearance procedures.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance departments while decommissioning and re-commissioning solar field loops.
- General upkeep of facilities including: general clean up; weed removal; and painting.
- Install insulation on piping and equipment.
- Perform lubrication and oil changes on mechanical equipment.
- Assist maintenance crews during outages and project work as required.
- Perform dust control of site.
- Perform Reflectivity Maintenance duties.
- Fill out material requisitions in a complete and accurate manner.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Isolate equipment and insure safe work conditions for maintenance activities in accordance with Safety Clearance Procedures. Demonstrate commitment to continuous safe practices.
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to operate both hand and power tools. Basic electronics and diagnostic skills a plus.
- Basic knowledge of the function of components within a solar thermal facility preferred.
- The ability to operate heavy equipment including: forklift; man lift; backhoe; water/reflectivity maintenance trucks; front end loader; evacuation truck; and evacuation cooler.
- Requires successful completion of appropriate AENA training.
- Ability to work in a 24/7/365 environment and in extreme weather conditions.
- Night shift duty will be required as necessary.
- Valid drivers’ license.