Are you a confident, self-motivated individual who likes to exceed goals and be the best at what you do? Would you like to promote products that help the environment and change the world? Would you like to be rewarded for your performance and work for a company that offers world-class training, a clear career path, and that promotes from within? Then come join us at SolarCity!
SolarCity®, chaired by Elon Musk (as in Tesla and SpaceX), is America’s #1 full-service solar provider, signing a new customer every five minutes. The company provides homeowners, business and government organizations cleaner, more affordable alternatives to their utility bills. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011 and 2012 Inc. Magazine named SolarCity #10 in its list of the ”100 biggest job creators in America” in 2012. SolarCity serves thousands of customers with energy efficiency and solar energy services in 15 states across the USA. SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fast paced, progressive and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning, public company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
As a Field Energy Advisor at SolarCity, you will receive world-class training on SolarCity’s sales process and technologies, and have the opportunity to advance your career through SolarCity’s Sales Training Program in our collaborative learning environment. Field Energy Advisors are the first point of contact and educate potential customers about the many benefits of solar energy, working at Home Depot stores and retail kiosks. In the words of CEO, Lyndon Rive, “It’s a no brainer,” because customers can get cleaner, more affordable alternatives to their utility bill.
You will be responsible for identifying potential customers, answering their questions, and arranging customer consultations in their homes with Outside Solar Sales Consultants. After achieving your goals on a consistent basis, and at the discretion of your manager, you will be eligible for promotion to Outside Solar Sales Consultants where additional world-class sales training and mentorship is provided.
• Speaking with customers about SolarCity’s clean energy solutions
• Driving the creation of in-store leads to meet personal and team sales goals and objectives
• Training and motivating The Home Depot employees
• Collaborating with Outside Solar Sales Consultants to confirm in-home appointments
• Setting up SolarCity displays and collateral
• Hosting and conducting in-store seminars and events for 20 or more people
• Working side-by-side with top sales producers and learning from them directly
• Additional duties required as needed
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• 2 years’ work experience in a quota-driven sales position highly preferred
• Retail sales experience-working the floor highly preferred
• Lead generation experience a plus
• Positive, professional, and big picture attitude
• High energy, enthusiasm, and excellent customer service skills
• Articulate with excellent communication skills
• Highly persuasive, self-disciplined, and honest
• Must be flexible working weekend and evening shifts
• Must be proficient with Excel and MS Outlook (+CRM tool preferred)
• Must have a clean driving record (example, no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and drug screen
• Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time in a retail sales environment
• We welcome over-achievers, leaders, Peace Corps or Teach for America volunteers, college athletes, Eagle Scouts, former military veterans, and candidates who are involved with community service
• Spanish language speakers, and other language skills a plus
• Earning potential of $50k+ as an Energy Advisor, and can earn a six figure income plus a company car and gas allowance once promoted to Outside Solar Sales Consultant
• Career path leading to outside sales and management, contingent upon performance
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and public stock options
• Joining a fast-growing public company with the mission of making the world a better place
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...