Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Solaris Systems Engineer
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree in IT Systems Management or related field plus 8 years experience; additional experience may be substituted for degree.
• 5 years of administration of Solaris.
• Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator preferred.
• Experience with Solaris system performance tuning
• Ability to design Solaris-based infrastructure solutions, document the solutions and test them in a lab environment.
• Experience with designing and supporting high availability UNIX solutions.
• Experience with Linux/Solaris disaster recovery.
• Experience with certificate authority services a plus.
• Experience with automating Solaris deployment packages.
• Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
• Experience with and ability to configure and deploy Solaris-based complex solutions.
• Experience performing system administration duties on Linux/Solaris systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux/Solaris problems.
• Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
• Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
• Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
• Managed multiple priorities simultaneously
• U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
URS is looking for a Solaris Systems Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, Virginia!
• UNIX Administrator supporting a 24/7 RedHat Linux/Solaris server infrastructure.
• Responsible for operating, maintaining, and supporting the overall RedHat Linux/Solaris server architecture in a 5,000 user, multi-site production environment.
• Individual would be responsible for managing the maintenance activities of RedHat Linux/Solaris servers.
• Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and updates of applications on these servers.
• Managing system infrastructure and all related processes.
• Providing Transition support for data center moves regarding the Development, Test, Stage and Production environments to include migration-related activities, account management, software/OS updates and patching, OS installations and configuration on new servers, server decommissioning activities, responding to Service Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated with the systems, assisting developers with isolation and resolution of application issues which are service, operating system or hardware based.
• Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we transition data centers.
• Other duties as required.
• The position is in Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC. This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).
URS Corporation - 14 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...