Purpose: Upgrade circuit boards and solder electronic assemblies used in standard computer related applications.
- Perform high Reliability soldering of both through-hole and surface mount circuit card components.
- Perform light and/or electro mechanical assembly/disassembly work of moderate complexity.
- Work with parts or components that require special care in handling.
- De-solder surface mount and through-hole device components on printed circuit boards.
- Maintains accurate quality data on paperwork or in quality database.
- Follow procedures and diagrams in performing Engineering Change Orders as required.
- Quality inspection of product.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and suggest changes.
- Primarily interface with department technicians and supervisors.
- Provide general manufacturing support such as working with other technicians, engineers, assisting in preparing work instructions, data collection and inventory control as required.
- Be a leader for Solder Technicians new to this role.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
High school diploma or GED and 1-3 years previous surface mount soldering experience required. IPC/EIA J-STD-001C (soldering) certification preferred. ASEE or equivalent degree from an accredited college or technical program preferred.
Pinnacle Data Systems - 17 months ago