Department: Solids Control
Division: Strad USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Safety Sensitive: Yes
Location: Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Overseeing the mechanical/electrical processes which are used to provide enhanced drilling properties and recycle drilling mud through closed loop systems
- Operate the equipment (centrifuges) according to specifications directed by the Mud Engineer or Drilling Supervisor
- Travel to rig site locations for setting-up, tearing-down, monitoring and maintaining centrifuges and centrifuge related equipment and completing all required paperwork
- Represent Strad Oilfield Services while working with both Drilling Contractor and Operator
- Perform pre and post job equipment inspections, perform and complete preventative maintenance procedures and operate centrifuges and support equipment
- Assemble and prepare equipment for installation and service and perform initial set-up for next job
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to react based on Customer needs and Safe Work Practices
- Long hours of work and driving at times
- Critical paperwork issues for Safety, Billings, Quality Assurance and Inventory Control
- Dealing with difficult and varied personalities of crew, Company Man and other site personnel
- Basic understanding of Solids Control and closed-loop systems is required
- 1+ years of Solids Control training is required
- Must have previous experience working in harsh weather conditions and extreme cold
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent
- PEC Orientation Certification (for offshore work) is preferred
- Fork Lift Operator Certification is preferred
- Willingness to work in harsh environments
- Minimum 30 days Rig time as Operator Trainee, Solids Control or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team
- Entry level knowledge of oilfield practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other site personnel
- Successful completion of Strad Operator 1 Solids Control Test
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record are required
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing and being able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must be able to meet DOT physical standards and comply with DOT regulations
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Long shifts, regularly 13 hour shifts of work and driving long distances in varying weather conditions
Strad Energy Services Ltd. - 16 months ago
Strad Energy Services, founded in 2003, is a leading provider of energy services and solutions to the North American oil and gas industry....