Assist in the operation of the Solids Distillation System (SDS) and the operation of the Distillation Column during the one year training period.
**This is a 3rd shift position.
- Assist the SDS supervisor with all essential duties and responsibilities during the training period.
- Monitor all operations related to SDS and Distillation Column and make adjustments as needed to ensure safe and efficient continued operations (i.e. control panel, start/stop switches, etc.).
- Troubleshoot all aspects of the thermal desorption unit i.e. fire eyes, pressure transmitters, control valves, maxon valves, burner control.
- Assist in troubleshooting all aspects of distillation column.
- Complete hourly data logs and walkthroughs and update supervisor as to the status of all operations.
- Review operations and make suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure cleanliness of the entire unit and surrounding area at the end of each shift.
- Navigate through all computer operations systems as they pertain to SDS, Distillation, and the Tradebe Inventory System
- Switch and clean strainer baskets. Assist in maintenance of the unit.
- Assist in loading and unloading inbound and out bound tankers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass the SDS Operator Trainee aptitude examination.
- Basic Knowledge of thermal desorption units.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Basic knowledge of electrical components
- Basic Understanding of flow diagrams
- Basic Knowledge of hazwoper and confined space entry
- Basic Knowledge of Mechanics.
- Must successfully complete Hazwoper training.
- Must have an OSHA/hazwoper physical examination.
- Must obtain a physician certification to wear a respirator.
- Knowledge of startup/shut down procedures for all aspects of the SDS and column operation
- Knowledge of Emergency shutdown procedures for all equipment.
- Understand and adhere to all safety rules.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift (midnights).