This position requires a Top Secret Security Clearance
At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge and world class research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise on search capabilities, Solr tuning with various search strategies in the customer’s in-house developed data sets
- Engineer automated techniques and processes for the bulk indexing of large-scale data sets residing in database or un-indexed systems
- Extend search quality, services, and reporting to include metrics capturing and analysis of search trends for improvements
- Extend the in-house developed search services to allow for third party search services and application programming interface (API) integration with other products (Endeca, Hadoop)
- Work with front and back end developers as well as data and analytical teams to formulate incoming data types to enable higher quality search results
- Collaborate with other efforts in both private and public sector to prototype and demonstrate new ideas of feasibility and leveraging for Solr capabilities
- Be responsible for the verification of the Solr search and indexes working and the quality before it is published (via COTS products where applicable)
- Institute scientific methods of validating defects and verifying the defects are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Formulate manual and automated test case scenarios as required for each new feature or application release
- Audit application performance by performing advanced activities such as load testing, search testing, or query response time testing and will report these activities on an on-going basis so that the overall application performance can be documented and charters in the SLAs are met
- Utilize steps of the development life cycle and comply with test processes
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously as well as on new concepts that may be required
- Formulate recommendations based on scientific results for developers to tune the application for optimal performance based on customer requirements and government desired results.
- Generate appropriate user documentation and training as needed
- Interface with the user community, as directed, to confirm issues and solutions after they are implemented to ensure the application meets the user’s expectations
Minimum Level of Education: B.S. or B.A. with 4 years of academic higher education
- 5 years of experience working with Solr (Apache Lucene) and its complimentary components (HTML, XML, Java, Java application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, MySQL))
- 3 years of experience implementing Solr builds of indexes, shards, and refined searches across semi-structured data sets to include architectural scaling
- 3 years of experience in base infrastructure dependencies (RedHat, clustering, Perl, Java, Oracle, shell)
- 2 years of experience in data analytics, algorithms, and large data structures
- 2 years of architectural design knowledge and resource planning for scaling Solr/Lucene capabilities
- 1 year of experience working on Scrum or other agile development based methodologies
- 1 year of experience using SVN for version control
- 1 year of experience using TestTrack Pro or repository for defect tracking
- 2 years of published participation in open source projects or efforts
Data Tactics Corp. - 9 months ago
- 30+ days ago
- 5 days ago
Data Tactics Corp.
Data Tactics Corp.
- 30+ days ago