Basic Purpose and Scope:
The Solution Architect Consultant is essential to delivering industry leading project-based solutions to IPLogic customers through technology solution consultation; continuous process improvement; presentation of the IPLogic’s solutions and product demonstrations, and timely and accurate documentation. This is accomplished through collaboration with our vendor partners, account teams and engineering resources to provide sales engineering leadership when proposing a solution to our customers. This position works with the Sales and Professional Services (PS) Departments for strategic planning, organizational development and mentoring.
Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
Essential Sales Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
Pre-Sales & Sales Support – 40%
Design, Architecture and Solution Development – 20%
- Attend well-qualified pre-sales customer meetings to provide technical solution consultation.
- Coordinate setup and presentation of solution demonstrations in the specified technology area.
- Provide a single point of contact for fielding customer’s technology questions.
Technology & Product Support - 10%
- Develop the solution and detailed-level architecture design used to develop a bill of materials.
- Identify and coordinate with additional IPLogic, vendor and subcontractor technical resources as necessary to ensure development of a complete solution.
Relationship Management – 10%
- Support product roadmap to clients in core focus area based on reference model(s).
- Gather and document professional services pricing estimates and project planning structure.
- Proactively communicate technology changes within core focus to the PS team to ensure technology alignment.
Provide and demonstrate exceptional vendor relationship management including:
Provide and demonstrate exceptional client relationship management including:
- Develop relationship with technical vendor insuring timely awareness of technology changes.
Project Coordination – 10%
- Provide technical guidance.
- Set clear and consistent expectations.
- Clearly understand and document client deliverables.
- Identify and share new opportunities with Account Executives.
Documentation Development & Repository Management – 10%
- Facilitate internal kick-off meeting to ensure “clean” hand-off of sold opportunity to professional services.
- Identify details of design and project delivery and technical requirements.
Provide technical leadership by:
- Develop, publish and maintain relevance for scopes of work, proposals, and RFP responses.
- Utilize the library of Technology Solution Questionnaire(s) to gather customer requirements.
Maintains professional and appropriate job behavior:
- Creating and developing optimal designs that meet identified client business requirements.
- Meet IPLogic standards of technical prowess, presence, and communications skills.
- Create and leverage best practices.
- Collaborate and proactively communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Continually develop, refine and refresh necessary technical and professional skills that match company objectives.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Punctual and conscientious about work hours and work load, and makes appropriate requests for PTO and vacation time.
- Accepts responsibility for all assigned tasks and perform proper timely updates to work assigned
- Professional attire at all times.
- Communicate with colleagues, management, clients, vendors and others in a courteous professional manner.
- Conform and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conform to all safety rules.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Travel is required throughout the company’s footprint to l ead, plan and partner with the business development function by providing guidance, strategy, measurements and metrics for the business development function. When not traveling, consistent communication and interaction may be promoted through audio and video conference support.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the Company’s geographical footprint to attend various meetings with other functional department team members on client, partner or vendor facing appointments.
- Ability to converse verbally and in writing with others with s trong presentation, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Strong presentation, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Complete understanding of IPLogic’s Service Delivery Methodology.
- Cisco certifications in Cisco system engineering and engineering.
- Must be team oriented with strong mentoring capabilities.
- Must be self driven, motivated and results oriented.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to all levels of organization.
- Must be able to set expectations appropriately and meet expectations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Strong computer skills-MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from 4 year college or combination of education and experience.
- Industry specific certifications as required by position.
- Six to eight years technology experience designing, installing, and/or working with internetworking hardware and software. Must have depth and a complete understanding of network architectures, protocols, technologies, and systems.
- Customer service experience is needed.
IPLogic - 23 months ago