The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Solution Architect responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment opportunities being pursued by our Global IT Business Area. This position, located in Reston, Virginia, will report directly to the I&S Vice President /Chief Technology Officer.
• Leads, architects, and develops solutions for I&S key opportunities covering IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment solutions and services. Applies understanding of critical customer program goals to develop winning, best value, tailored solutions. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development of these solutions as well as leading a matrixed team of specialists. Specifically, the Solution Architect will:
o Develop IT-based solutions consisting of contextual, conceptual and logical architectures (typically limited physical architecture development)
o Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives (AoA) trade studies including CAIV
o Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
o Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
o Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
• Leads the development of technology roadmaps for new and or enhanced I&S capabilities
• Subject Matter Expert responsible for assessing and recommending solutions to I&S Management Team and Customers for challenging issues arising during contract execution.
• Subject Matter Expert supporting I&S CTO and Vice President of Strategy with respect to the annual strategy process.
• Serves as I&S representative on industry forums and in discussions with industry leading product and technology OEM's
Required Skills and Education:
• Experience leading architecture of enterprise IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment solutions
• Knowledge and understanding of cloud based infrastructure
• Knowledge and understanding of Disaster Recovery techniques
• Knowledge and understanding of Data Center management
• Knowledge and understanding of domain networks and architectures.
• Experience leading and supporting proposal efforts
• Ability to lead diverse matrixed team comprised of technical specialists
• Knowledge and understanding of customer mission challenges
• Federal contracting and procurement experience
• Expertise in enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g., DoDAF, Zachman)
• IT specific domain knowledge, including (i) ITIL; (ii) End user computing; (iii) Network engineering; and (iv) Enterprise IT infrastructure
• Expertise with systems engineering processes (system design and solution development)
• Lifecycle cost modeling and decision support methodologies
• Minimum of 15+ years experience, including 10+ years of IT experience
Preferred Skills and Education:
TS SCI prefferd
BAE Systems - 6 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...