Responsible for supporting the Account Executives in designing, documenting, and presenting complex solutions for new and existing customers. Design current and future technologies that are consistent with operational best practices. Required to maintain a strong knowledge of emerging technologies and to provide input to the sales team and customers regarding continuous improvement opportunities. Committed to developing loyal and successful partners by clearly identifying and understanding both customer and supplier requirements and specifying services and products to meet or exceed their expectations. This role is reserved for an individual who has attained a level of distinction in technical expertise and seniority within the pre-sales Solution Architect career path and/or IT industry.
- Technical Sales Support and Development - Assist Account Executives visiting customers, participating in project meetings and assisting with follow-up taking ownership of the technical content including but not limited to: Customer and vendor meetings, customer and event demonstrations, detailed Visio creation, customer facing and vendor technology presentations, white boarding skills, project management, following policy and procedures, configuration/sizing using standard and vendor supplied tools, research, technical writing, and establishment/nurturing of excellent customer/vendor relations.
- Collaboration and Continuous Improvement - continuous education in vendor solutions and certifications, team leadership for projects in a technical capacity with an understanding of business process implications, ownership of technical issues and understanding of escalation procedures (internal and vendor). Professional Services Support and Development - scoping of Professional Services service briefs and Statements of Work.
- Configuration and sizing of customer solutions including the creation of detailed diagrams.
- Serve as a mentor to more Junior Solution Architects. Share information with peers.
Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in an IT related field of study and
• 7 years of relevant work experience or work experience equivalent.
• Advanced certification in an information technology discipline
• Possess advanced general IT knowledge and experience in 2 - 3 relevant technical areas
• Strong Visio Skills
• Able to understand complex business & technical requirements
• Strong presentation skills
• 3 to 5 years of experience in at least 2 vertical industries or 6 to 10 years in 1 vertical industry
• Full command of all research avenues to get fast, accurate responses
• Expert technical writing skills
• Expert ability to guide conversation with customer/peers/sales/vendors
• Understands customer escalation, initiating and following as needed
• Manage self/vendor/projects
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
• Regular overnight travel up to 50%
• Regular territory travel up to 50%
• Light physical demands such as lifting up to 50lbs.
• Varying work hours required on occasion based on business needs
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Strong capability in scoping Professional Services briefs and Statements of Work
• Good mentoring skills
• Lead technical meetings and be active in sales presentations
• Proactive with sales and technical teams
• Displays a professional appearance and attitude at all times
• Ability to work within and lead in a virtual team environment
• Ability to listen and show thoughtfulness in meetings
• Vendor certifications that lead to expertise, product access, and rebates
OnX Enterprise Solutions - 18 months ago