"As a Marketing Solutions Sr. Engineer in Technical Architecture, you will have the opportunity to work with top of the line technology along with overseeing technical projects centered around big data analysis and analytics. We help our clients make better business decisions by using past/present customer data and ultimately help them to become even more competitive." Quote by Sr. Director Technical Architecture.
• Serve as technical expert for clients in program/project system architectures by ensuring there are no gaps or inconsistencies in the initial system and logical architecture and that none emerge as the system is designed, built and/or enhanced over time.
• Understand integration of various technical platforms using industry scenarios to select the architecture, technology and/or products to align the priorities of information technology with the business and provides the business solution across all domains.
• Ensures the technical integrity and quality of the solution(s).
• Assists with developing custom presentations and demonstrations, managing or delivering proof of concept projects.
• Help clients prepare for an enterprise data warehouse by evaluating current infrastructure and providing highly technical solution recommendations.
• Participate in tool evaluation, selection, and integration strategies.
• Data staging, movement and aggregation.
• Manage and facilitate technical work streams, including personnel, roles and responsibilities to drive overall solution architecture.
• Architect solutions covering all the following areas:
o hardware recommendations and capacity planning
o deployment and configuration
o performance optimization and tuning
o database administration
o data warehouse and software design
o data storage strategy (ODS, EDW, DM, MOLAP, etc.)
o enterprise and web infrastructure
• Technical problem and issue resolution
• Client communications at all levels of technical expertise.
• BA/BS required (concentration in Computer Science and/or in a relevant field preferred)
• 10 plus years of relevant professional experience, including management consulting experience
• Must have practical experience with all of the following: infrastructure, data model, RDBMS, ETL, data hygiene, quality assurance and control, metadata, and information delivery
• A minimum of 5 years experience implementing large scale data warehouses using Oracle or UDB, including the use of ETL concepts and tools.
• Expert level knowledge in Oracle and/or UDB. Knowledge and experience with Teradata is a plus
• Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently and effectively lead and assist project teams
• Must demonstrate strong communication and client interaction skills
• Project experience in the Managed Care, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Media and/or Financial Services a plus
• Data Modeling / Object Modeling skills using industry standard tools (Erwin, XMLSpy, Rational)
• Data Integration experiences & Tools: Ab Initio, Informatica, Datastage
• performance tuning and optimization of Oracle databases
• Object model and XML development with XML, XSD, DTD, XLST.
• Development Environments: AIX, Solaris Unix or RedHat Linux as well as Windows OS.
• Experiences with Java, J2EE, SML and Web Services.
WHY MAKE A MOVE TO FICO? At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading credit scores and other solutions, FICO is the leader in predictive analytics for banking, insurance, retail and healthcare. Our ability to drive smarter decisions is driving some of the world’s leading companies to a new level of analytics-fuelled success. Our success is founded on really talented people – just like you – who enjoy:
•Innovation – change the game for us and for our clients around the world
•Teamwork – lead and learn from the very best in your field
•High Performance – challenge yourself and reap the rewards of delivering results
•Opportunity – grow with a global company that develops talent FICO™ (NYSE: FICO) delivers superior predictive analytics that drive smarter decisions.
Our groundbreaking use of mathematics to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries and revolutionized the way risk is managed and products are marketed. FICO's innovative solutions include the FICO(R) Score - the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States - along with industry-leading solutions for managing credit accounts, identifying and minimizing the impact of fraud, and customizing consumer offers with pinpoint accuracy. Most of the world's top banks, as well as leading insurers, retailers, pharma businesses and government agencies rely on FICO solutions to accelerate growth, control risk, boost profits, and meet regulatory and competitive demands. FICO also helps millions of individuals manage their personal credit health through www.myFICO.com.
Learn more about FICO at www.fico.com. FICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
FICO: Make every decision count.