The Solutions Architect will work with engineers and management to gather necessary technical and business analysis, with Product Management to assess requirements, and with QA and Documentation for appropriate support of the product lifecycle. The Solutions Architect is regarded by both his peers and management as an expert in the field of Systems Architecture. The Solutions Architect has a broad technical knowledge, covering application architecture and development. and business and systems analysis. The Solutions Architect should be able to work directly with customers’ business and technical resources and more than adequately represent NIIT Technologies’ technical acumen and professionalism.
• Responsible for the assessment of business requirements, collection and identification of technical specifications, and the development of technology solutions that require development to be viable (i.e., business applications, LOB applications, workflow systems, purchased applications, developed applications and applications integration).
• Developing technology specifications and ensuring that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, and leveraging existing technologies when possible.
• Applying architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
• Business Planning and Management
o Develops and executes solution strategies and business plans that support product growth.
o Shapes, designs, and plans specific service lines in product areas.
• Subject Matter Expertise
o Acts as visionary and strategist for product areas.
o Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software/systems design documentation.
o Works with technical writers to ensure quality documentation.
o Represent NIIT Technologies at trade shows, sales calls and implementation.
• Business Development
o Assists marketing departments with develop of marketing materials and position strategies for product areas.
o Provides end to end solutions and design details.
• Methodologies and Quality Assurance
o Leads development of formalized solution methodologies.
o Builds and maintains repositories for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents
o Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external business and technical resources.
o Collaborates with Project Managers and technical directors to provide estimates, develop overall implementation solution plans, and serve as the leader, as required, to implement installation, customization, and integration efforts.
o Oversees aspects of project life cycle, from kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases.
o Creates or helps create white papers that expand insight and thought.
• Identifies technologies to employ based on price, performance, service agreements and organizational constraints.
• Defines and enforces standards and best-practices.
• Works closely with Business Analysts, Program Managers, Project Managers, management and business stakeholders.
• Defines the technical evolution of the systems.
• Collaborates with Product Management and Business Analysts in the understanding of customer needs and creation of product requirements.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field. Extensive experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
• 3+ years as a solutions architect
• 5+ years software development.
• 3+ years in business/systems analysis.
• 3+ years in project management.
• 3+ years in systems design and development.
• 3+ years in the design, development, customer release, and subsequent enhancement releases of complex software systems.
• Demonstrated mastery in a broad selection of subjects in the following major areas
o Infrastructure and Data Modeling
o Object Oriented Concepts and Design
o Registration – Industry standards and compliance
o Security – Industry standards and compliance
? Risk analysis and mitigation
o Web services design and development in a Service Oriented Architecture
o Network/Communications programming
? TCP/IP (OSI/ISO model)
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Travel -- Light to moderate
NIIT Technologies - 13 months ago