Verizon is looking for a Solution Architect for SIP Carrier Interconnect and Private IP Services with the ability to advance strategic efforts in product optimization with multiple providers including MSOs, Mobile Operators and CLECs.
Required Skills & Experience
- The candidate must be able to work in a rapidly evolving space and quickly capitalize on opportunities.
- This candidate will lead key elements of the Carrier interconnect product strategy and innovation and be responsible for applying analytics and other web technologies to existing applications in order to increase revenue, shorten deployment cycles and decrease time to market.
- The candidate will play a key role in defining and executing a technology strategy and roadmap that will enable Verizon to transform the way it offers SIP and Private IP interconnect services to its customers.
- The ideal candidate will collaborate with Verizon Marketing and Technology teams to define and develop products which adapt to virtualization, cloud computing and distributed applications.
- The candidate will be expected to define and develop the necessary products by gathering and understanding network requirements, designing and implementing a solution, and defining requirements for integrating the solution with the necessary related systems.
Demonstrated expertise with SIP, VoIP and MPLS based Private IP products and standards related to network interconnectivity, with significant experience in design, engineering and product development, including virtualization in the cloud environment. The ideal candidate will also have considerable exposure to the MSO, Mobile, ISP and Wireline carrier segments.
Standards: IETF, CableLabs, GSMA and 3GPP specifications
- Experience as a product manager or business analyst in the hi-tech industry
- Able to justify designs and evaluate build versus buy decisions using solid ROI analysis
- Skilled at interacting and negotiating with vendors, outsourcers and contractors
- Expertise on security and data privacy practices and laws
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high pressure environment
- In depth technical experience with the following industry standards and technologies:
Network Technologies: SIP, VoIP, IP, MPLS, IMS, IPX
Ethernet Standards and Products: IEEE, MEF, EPL, EVPL
Cloud and Virtualization: IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, VMware, Storage Technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
Back to Search Results
- 5-10 years telecommunications and business experience
- Experience at an MSO or startup
- Solid portfolio of past work
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or Software engineering
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...