Zaloni is looking for Solution Architects to work on next generation Big Data applications. You will be working with Customers, Sales teams and Development teams that are globally dispersed and working on Emerging technologies solving business problems at Fortune 100 companies and Large Public sector agencies.
We are a creative, fun-loving, hard working team and if you thrive on the energy of a startup environment, you will love Zaloni.
Big Data Solution Architects will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Hadoop solution, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust Hadoop solutions for big data problems and learn quickly as the platform grows.
Implementation of ETL applications
Implementation of reporting applications
Application/implementation of custom analytics
Administration of relational databases
Data migration from existing data stores
Infrastructure and storage design
Developing capacity plans for new and existing systems
- Minimum of 6 years systems development and implementation experience
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with programming on high-scale or distributed systems (such as Hadoop)
- Minimum of 2 years managing a technical team
- Ability to support business development activities to shape and communicate proposed solutions to client executives and architects
- Experience with at least 4 of the following activities in the context of high-scale or distributed systems:
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume)
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Cognos, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
- Hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must be proactive and be prepared to address meetings
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business subjects
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
Zaloni offers technology solutions for intra-organization collaboration. Our solutions are loved because we earnestly believe in the power...