Responsible for providing configuration/solution creation, technical review, advice and, technical support to/with sales personnel (inside and field), Solution Architects, and on occasion to customers in the field. This is primarily handled via phone and email but occasional travel is required. Works with Agilysys personnel to ensure correct and orderable configurations that meet the technical requirements defined by the field sales organization and customers. Acquires knowledge and certification levels across several key technologies. Acts as a trainer, mentor, and consultative resource to Peers, field, and customers. Contributes to Agilysys TSG technology strategy definitions and methodologies.
- Responds to telephone and email requests from Sales Teams (SA, AE, ISR, and Customer) for configuration support. Interacts with customers and sales teams identifying problems and recommends solutions in an advisory, content expert role
- Acts as a consultative advisory resource on focused technologies providing support to customers, SSRs, AEs, and SAs. Train configuration team and SSRs on key technologies
- Mentor Solution Assurance Consultants
- Keeps current with technology, new products, and configuration tools and rules for configuring these products correctly. Maintains advanced knowledge levels and multiple advanced certifications across several key product sets as defined with Team Lead
- Works in coordination with the quote center to provide technical information for inclusion in quotes
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key Agilysys, Vendor, and Customer contacts
- Contribute to technology strategy and definitions for Agilysys TSG as required
- Responsible for handling sensitive, proprietary, and non-disclosure materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent required.
- Ten years or more relevant experience and/or training
- Strong knowledge of IT solution design
- Able to operate computer based tools
- Required to travel domestically nationwide approximately 15% of the time
- Vendor certifications that lead to expertise, product access, and rebates
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Establishes and upholds a high level of confidentiality
- Strong training and mentoring skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Able to effectively interact with a variety of personnel at all organizational levels
Ability to meet prioritized set objectives and goals
The person in this role will have experience in some of the following areas.
- Familiarity with OpenVMS, and/or Unix, and/or HPUX, and/or Linux, and/or Microsoft Windows
- Expertise with configuring Clustering Technologies, High Availability Environments, and DR solutions
- Highly knowledgeable with multi-vendor products and solutions including High Availability Servers,
- Enterprise Class Storage Arrays, Archiving Solutions, Software, and Support
- Excellent understanding of server solution configuration rules including HA, Blades, Scalable, etc…
- Excellent understanding of multi-vendor storage solution configuration rules including Netapp, HDS, EMC, HP etc…
- Excellent understanding of software configuration rules for Microsoft, VMware, Symantec, Oracle, etc…
OnX Incorporated is a leading service provider of IT Infrastructure, Internet Professional Services and Managed Hosting Services. The...