Title: Solutions Delivery PM
Location: Redmond, WA
Duration: 12 months+
Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field of study
- Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills - root cause analysis and ability to drive improvements based on data captured.
- Proven experience with techniques such as use case analysis, data / process flow diagramming, JAA / JAD, etc.
- Excellent documentation skills to build vision and scope, BRDs, UATs, Communication plans, Training plans and presentations.
- Strong project/program management skills deploying global IT systems implementations within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a fast paced environment with an ability to manage and deliver multiple projects or releases at the same time.
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
- Has built credible customer relationships both in immediate team and across multiple customer groups.
- Can identify business issues and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Sound understanding of IT technology concepts.
- Must have a good understanding of software architectures, MS products, development tools, etc. -
- This individual needs to be a strong leader who can focus on the vision and strategies of the group while managing the tactical components of running the daily business.
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated expertise using written & verbal communication skills to distill technology projects into understandable and compelling executive level presentations.
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflict.
Graduate professional degree a plus
Six Sigma and PMP certification a plus
SCRUM or Agile Project management a plus
Five to seven years' experience required in a functional or business consulting role in product management, driving business strategy, architecture, and process re-engineering
As a Solution Manager this person will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business partners to find alternatives and solutions to business challenges. Seek out systems solutions (either internal to MS or external 3rd party solutions) that can be leveraged to meet business requirements.
- Identifying, understanding, negotiating and documenting business process flows, scenarios and requirements with various groups within Microsoft.
- Identifying issues with current processes and systems and facilitating IT solutions to drive towards continuous improvement.
- Facilitation of the IT planning and estimating phase.
- Developing and managing direct relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure the business solutions are aligned with their goals and priorities, and to show how process automation through IT solutions will help them reach their goals.
- Balancing the customer's requirements with technical constraints (e.g., application size, network bandwidth, hardware/software/equipment selections) to ensure that the value of the project is realized.
- Clearly understanding, articulating and documenting existing "as-is" systems & business architecture and define strategy for "to-be" architecture.
- Recommending systems and business best practices and driving adoption to ensure consistency of systems solutions.
- Exercising independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, architectures and standards for obtaining solutions. Ensures scalability and international capabilities of technology.
- Creating and maintaining a cohesive, coordinated plan to deliver solutions that meet the stakeholder's priorities within budgetary and product requirements.
- Budget management - Define and gain agreement on a project budget - ensures project tracks to the budget.
- Provide in-depth business & technical strategy for systems solutions, identify business gaps and correlate to potential solutions.
- Making scope/schedule/resource (including budget) trade-off decisions with little or no guidance.
- Ensuring line of business priorities and IT capabilities (technology and resources) are aligned.
- Analyzing and documenting requirements and using appropriate techniques to refine, decompose, review and validate requirements. Ensuring requirements are traceable, well communicated and aligned to the overall business or solution vision.
- Demonstrating a sound understanding of how the overall business solution is positioned, deployed and supported globally. Evangelizing business benefits to IT and influence project team priorities as well as to resolve user issues.
- Communicating and building consensus with other groups (internal customers, vendors, external customers, senior technical/manager levels and executive management) regarding the solution and options available to implement it.