From test equipment to IT products, professional services and OEM/embedded computing, Continental Resources, Inc. (ConRes) provides high technology solutions and support to business, government and academia. Combining 50 years of high tech know-how and financial stability, ConRes is a low-risk option for organizations seeking to strengthen the ROI on their technology investments.
We are looking for a Solution Engineer with extensive experience in Symantec NetBackup Implementation, Support, and Consulting. Additional skills with Linux, UNIX, Virtualization, General Storage Technologies, and Server/Blade Systems is highly desired. You will be working in the Professional Services Division, providing some pre and mostly post implementation services. We need a dynamic and energetic individual for this demanding position.
The essential responsibilities of the Solution Engineer are to work directly with customers and Account Managers providing pre and post implementation services and to work effectively across multiple practice areas within ConRes.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
1. Meet with Customers and Collect Customer Requirements.
2. Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process.
3. Create high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers.
4. Create Customer facing Presentations.
5. Create Bill of Materials & configurations for solutions.
6. Build Scope of Services and Professional Service Pricing, including writing Statement of Work (SOW).
7. Performing on-site work for clients.
8. Project Documentation.
You Must Be Able To:
1. Work in a team environment / Work well individually.
2. Be self-sufficient / motivating.
3. Possible Travel up to 50% (required).
4. Manage tasks and workloads.
1. Must have demonstrable design experience in deployment, administration, configuration, and integration.
2. Experience working as a consultant is desirable, but not required.
3. Experience working with Symantec NetBackup partners is desirable.
4. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of various datacenter technologies.
Candidates must have 2-4+ years of heavily focused Symantec NetBackup experience and Hands-On work experience with the following:
1. Day-to-day working experience with Symantec NetBackup, preferably versions 6.5 or higher.
2. Ability to setup a new NetBackup environment, with Master and Media Servers.
3. Ability to upgrade a NetBackup Server software version.
4. Monitoring system performance and being able to modifying system files for performance and troubleshooting.
5. Setting up Enterprise Disk Options, DeDuplication Pools, OpenStorage OST, and Media Pools.
6. Configuring and setting up the Shared Storage Option (SSO), for tape drive sharing.
7. Configuring and setting up NDMP policies.
8. Monitoring the systems with the Operations Manager Application.
9. Configuring and using NetBackup Application Agent (ex: Exchange, SQL, VMWare).
10. Configuring and using NetBackup Replication is desirable, but not required.
11. Experience configuring the Media Server Encryption Option (MSEO) is desirable, but not required.
12. Experience configuring the NetBackup Vault Option is desirable, but not required.
13. Experience configuring the NetBackup 5200 series Appliances is desirable, but not required.
14. Troubleshooting of NetBackup Systems.
15. General IT Knoweldge:
a. Storage Networking / Basic Working knowledge of core Ethernet Routing & Switching.
b. SAN Solutions: experience in implementing or working with SANS, FC Switches, Tape Libraries, and Storage.
c. VMware / Virtualization Technologies / Operating Systems (ex: Windows, UNIX, Linux).
d. Server Platforms: Intel Based / Blade Systems / Cisco Unified Computing (UCS).
If you have the right combination of experience, track record and drive, this will be the career you've been looking for. This is a full time salary position.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Solution Engineer and 13-19C in the subject line.
Continental Resources, Inc
175 Middlesex Turnpike
PO Box 9137
Bedford, MA 017309137
Fax: (781) 533-0212
Continental Resources, Inc. - 21 months ago