Job Category: Technical Service and IT
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 827388-104536
Microsoft IT is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Microsoft IT provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other IT organizations, Microsoft IT employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
The IT Enablement team in the Strategic Enterprise Services Organization is responsible for enabling the business of IT capabilities globally for Microsoft IT. This is the organization that identifies and operationalizes the skills, processes, best practices and efficiencies across Microsoft IT that enable the organization to deliver effective services. We connect across the industry, develop strategies for improvement and drive adoption across Microsoft IT. The Principle Solution Manager will be a Service Management lead responsible for maturing business capabilities by defining all of the components needed across people, process, technology and information.
The Principle Solution Manager will act as the interface and initiative owner working to define the strategy and tactics for delivering programs that will improve Service Management capabilities. A program is defined as multiple, interrelated projects (typically more than two but fewer than 10) or initiatives that span a complete solution. This role includes facilitation of the IT planning and program estimating as well as managing the business requirements and ensuring the program team delivers on the agreed requirements. This position provides the opportunity to assist in the execution of new IT business models and the streamlining of IT business process. It also requires detail orientation while still being able to see the big picture and work with IT to drive strategies which optimize investments and increase Microsoft IT’s agility.
The Principal Solution Manager will be responsible for:
oEnlist Program Teams and Leaders who can influence & implement change and leverage them to create a virtual team across the Global IT Service Management community
- Developing a centralized Service Management strategy focused on improving the related business capabilities through its people, process, technology, an information.
- Evangelizing business benefits of IT Service Management to IT and influence project team priorities.
- Facilitation of the IT strategy, planning and estimating phase for business capability improvement programs.
- Ensure IT business priorities and IT business capabilities strategies are aligned.
- Identifying, developing and managing direct relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to obtain buy-in and commitment and to ensure improvements are aligned with their goals and priorities.
- Collaborating with IT business to understand their challenges and ensure solutions and strategies will meet their needs.
- Demonstrating a sound understanding of how the overall IT business is positioned, create and maintain measurement criteria for adoption maturity.
- Recommend systems and business best practices across IT and drive adoption to ensure consistent adoption of capability improvements.
- Prioritize focus areas where there are critical business capability gaps that need to be filled
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, architectures and standards for driving business capability improvements. Ensures global scalability across IT.
- Budget management - Define and gain agreement on program budgets - ensures projects track to the budget.
- Ability to identify skills, methodologies, industry best practices, process improvements, and innovative ideas to enable Microsoft IT to deliver agile solutions and services quickly with high quality and exceed customer expectations.
- Accountable for developing, delivering and implementing a Service Management strategy focused on continuous improvement, directly influencing and increasing the business capabilities across all of IT.
- Unify and build a global community of best practice:
oInstitute customer participation best practices that strive for greater consistency and accountability across the IT life cycle.
oDefining program implementation strategy & multiyear roadmap to realize business value
- Program/Project Management
oManaging benefit/cost definition and performance
oLeading the program implementation across multiple IT teams
oReview and validate technical solution designs map to architecture patterns and models as established for the program; Ensure close adherence to standards and out of the box best practices in design and configuration.
oEnabling and supporting change management
oBuilding and maintaining strong and collaborative cross group relationships and partnerships
oRepresenting the program to senior leadership across business and IT
The candidate must have a solid track record of delivering high-quality project portfolios and experience leading global programs across organizations. Experience providing strong leadership across disciplines and organizational boundaries and the proven use of influence skills with, and without, direct line authority is required. Depth and expertise in service management methodologies is an absolute must.
8+ years of IT experience
4+ years’ experience in a project leader/program manager role
ITIL v3 foundation certification
ITIL v3 Intermediate or equivalent experience
BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent years of experience
ITIL v3 Expert
ISO/IEC 20000 foundation, professional or higher
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Qualification
Experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean) preferred
3+ yrs experience in a project leader/program manager role
1+ yrs Experience in operations, IT technical role or Service Manager role
Enterprise Business Architecture
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...