Responsible for overall operations coordination and follow-up functions in the Inventory Solutions Control Tower. This position provides a single point of contact to our customers and their suppliers with full knowledge of the Customer Product Management system as well as the Base Operating System to support customer specific programs. This position is to manage the assets of our customers, work with our distribution centers to ensure inventory integrity, resolve process issues, resolve data issues and coordinate transportation to the required delivery dates. This position many times acts as an extension of our customers and suppliers representing their business interests. This position is to build and maintain business relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service.
- Communicate with customers regarding process or inventory management issues.
- Register, update and monitor shipment details in the STI Base Operating System.
- Update Customer Product Management system with order and inventory item updates.
- Provide direction and orchestrate distribution centers, agents, and transportation providers as to activities necessary to ensure committed services are provided to contract customer.
- Problem resolution with drivers, distribution centers, agents, service providers, Information Technology team and the customer regarding on-site services, shipments and inventory items.
- Responsible to create and/or update user manuals, process instructions and documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Possess a professional and positive attitude
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Work well in a team environment.
- Maintain and practice professional work ethics with customers and co workers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Can work in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to work with Microsoft office products
- High school diploma or GED.
- 6 months – 1 year customer service experience preferred.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of an office atmosphere. Use of safe work practices with equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of all safety regulations.
The above reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.