Dell has announced its acquisition of Make Technologies, a leading global provider of application modernization software and services that reduce the cost, risk and time required to re-engineer applications. Application re-engineering is a key capability in the growing field of Application Modernization, an important area of investment for Dell Services.
The Solution Architecture Consultant for Legacy Modernization requires the core Solution Architecture competencies plus additional accountabilities related to legacy systems. Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications and/or process designs for custom technical solutions. Analyzes customer requirements and designs solutions to meet the customer objectives and balances the needs of sales and delivery to design a solution that meets or exceeds the requirements of service delivery.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Independently interviews customer executives and subject matter experts to identify and confirm the business drivers for modernization
- Educates Dell, partner and client sales and other stakeholders in Dell modernization solution, including by standardized and tailored demonstration of TLM technology
- Conducts modernization technology proofs of concept, interacting with client and partner stakeholders as needed, preferably able to lead a project team of 2-5 members for 4-10 weeks
- Supports sales and marketing activities by providing presentations and other collateral content, including capability demonstrations and case studies
- Leverages past legacy system experience and strong research skills to credibly discuss and evaluate customer legacy system challenges
- Solution Architecture Consultants should anticipate travel averaging 25% but up to 50%.
- Primary expert to construct the specific solution, scope document, risk profile, and corresponding financials.
- Uses expertise to construct specific and detailed solutions that encompass process, technology, project and staffing plans.
- Constructs risk assessments and corresponding remediation plans relative to custom solution proposals.
- Participates in the construction of financial models that align with custom solution proposals.
- Composes applicable services agreements (e.g. Statements of Work, SLA documentation, etc) that specify processes, technology, staffing, deliverables, commitments, risk, and project management aspects of a solution.
- Supports deal negotiation and closure to include transition support to service delivery.
- Serves as a services subject matter expert to both internal and external customers.
- Follows all organizational standard operating procedures relative to cost modeling, approvals and reviews, and all other associated workflow, documentation and deliverables.
- Participates in applicable win-loss reviews and incorporates learnings into future solutions.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Subject matter expert in at least one service area or technology
- Significant knowledge of Dell products, customer service, policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant experience.
About Dell Inc.:
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives?
Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...