Cloudant builds The Data Layer, a cutting-edge data and analytics solution for the next generation of distributed, connected web and mobile applications. We are looking for brilliant and talented engineers to help ensure our customers are successful. We have assembled a top-notch engineering team with deep roots in the open source community. As a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for introducing the Cloudant Data Layer to our customers. You will work closely with a sales team with global reach and work with customers building the next generation of distributed, large-scale, redundant web and mobile applications.
You might be a good fit if you...
- Love digging in and solving hard technical problems.
- Enjoy helping people and introducing them to new technologies.
- Have a passion for data-driven web and mobile applications.
- Understand when NoSQL makes sense and when it does not.
- Have built and scaled a production web or mobile application.
- Are self-directed and take pride in a job well done.
- Introduce Cloudant services to customers, describe its benefits, and recommend solutions.
- Work directly with customers to understand their needs and develop solutions that fit.
- Developing proofs of concept (PoC).
- Conduct training, develop documentation and demo applications.
- Identify feature and product gaps to provide feedback to Engineering.
- Identify and introduce new, improved or modified techniques to customers.
Skills and Experience
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services.
- Hands on experience with any of Python, Ruby, or Java
- Understand the architecture of large-scale websites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Erlang experience not required but is a big plus.
- Willing to work support hours (rotating)
Cloudant provides developers of large or fast-growing Web and mobile applications with the world’s first globally distributed “data layer as a service” for loading, storing, analyzing, and distributing application data. The Cloudant Data Layer is a managed service that helps developers to eliminate the delays, costs, and distractions inherent in working with databases and their administrators, while providing unmatched scalability, availability, and performance. This capability accelerates time-to-market and time-to-innovation, because it frees developers from the mechanics of data management so they can focus exclusively on creating great applications. Cloudant is privately held and backed by top-tier investors including Avalon Ventures and Y Combinator. For more information, visit https://cloudant.com/.
Cloudant - 12 months ago