IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. In fiscal year 2011, amid economic uncertainty across the globe, we helped our clients create jobs, strengthen environmental performance, and contribute to their local communities—all while driving our investments to an all-time high of nearly $19 billion. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Corporate Business Technologies Department (CBT) is the Information Technology department within IFC. CBT provides flexible, robust and secure IT solutions and services to enable IFC to achieve its mission and business objectives in all IFC locations worldwide. An opportunity exists within the Enterprise Architecture team for a Solutions Architect to join this dynamic team and contribute to the continued success of the department’s work program. The selected candidate will report to the Head, Enterprise Architecture.
CBT is seeking a seasoned IT professional who will work in close co-ordination with other architecture disciplines within Enterprise Architecture as well as application portfolios to understand business requirements, identify design patterns, tools, technologies, application models, frameworks, components, services, and interfaces to be used in building systems. The candidate will guide project teams in developing the Architecture and Design for new systems as well as enhancing existing ones ensuring alignment with IFC’s business and IT strategy.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Establish standards, guidelines, and models for documenting application architecture and design. Identify reference models, design patterns, frameworks, services, and integration mechanisms to be used in designing systems.
• Enhance the company's existing solution architecture knowledge base by documenting the current topology and make recommendations for improvements or alternatives.
• Understand business and functional requirements. Guide project technical leads in evaluating alternate architectures and designing appropriate solutions that take into account factors such as hardware, software, network, user experience, security, performance, scalability, disaster recovery, and cost.
• Review design documents for completeness, correctness, and compliance with the defined architecture principles, guidelines and standards.
• Coordinate with project managers and client officers to identify cross-system and cross-functional dependencies and needs and their impact on the overall IT landscape.
• Analyze IT industry trends to determine their potential applicability at IFC including areas such as cloud computing, mobile computing, collaboration, and business analytics.
• Assist PMO, Production support, and Infrastructure teams on technical issues during deployment and maintenance of systems in production.
• Support efficient execution of IT Audits and Risk Assessments and resolution of identified risks.
• Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, or Information Technology.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience (preferred 8-10 years) in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining business applications in medium to large environments.
• Experience analyzing business processes, data flows, and interface requirements and ability to develop high level architectures and detail designs for systems.
• Hands-on experience in a broad range of technologies such as Java, .Net, SQL Server, Oracle, mobile platforms, application servers, messaging, ETL, reporting, analytics, and concepts such as SOA and web services.
• Experience producing and reviewing technical design documents that include artifacts such as context diagrams, flow charts, sequence diagrams, dataflow diagrams, data models, and deployment diagrams.
• Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
• Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers.
IFC - 19 months ago
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries....